Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Theme song question  (Read 4433 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Theme song question
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 11:11:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'230113\' date=\'Nov 8 2009, 06:33 AM\']On the Karn Feud, they put aside whichever theme they were using regularly for music fitting with the special.  I've only noticed this done on O'Hurley's version during Halloween episodes.[/quote]

Now that you mention it, Feud's a good candidate for this thread. O'Hurley weeks with celebrity lookalikes use generic "Hollywood" music as the theme. The Combs version used the Illinois Instant Riches theme for a week with male and female hard-bodies. They also used a library piece called Stiletto Heels (which has since shown up on TPIR) for a week pitting Playboy Playmates against a group of male actor "hunks."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Theme song question
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'230118\' date=\'Nov 8 2009, 11:11 AM\'][quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'230113\' date=\'Nov 8 2009, 06:33 AM\']On the Karn Feud, they put aside whichever theme they were using regularly for music fitting with the special.  I've only noticed this done on O'Hurley's version during Halloween episodes.[/quote]

Now that you mention it, Feud's a good candidate for this thread. O'Hurley weeks with celebrity lookalikes use generic "Hollywood" music as the theme. The Combs version used the Illinois Instant Riches theme for a week with male and female hard-bodies. They also used a library piece called Stiletto Heels (which has since shown up on TPIR) for a week pitting Playboy Playmates against a group of male actor "hunks."

-Jason
[/quote]

Wow. As often as I watch Feud, I'm surprised I didn't notice these ones.
Bobby Peacock

ChuckNet

Theme song question
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »
Combs' version also used another stock piece for a week in the 92-93(?) season that featured Atlantic City showgirls competing against Vegas ones...in addition, Karn's version used some stock disco music for their Feb. 03 "Village People vs. Disco Divas" week.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

ChuckNet

Theme song question
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »
They also used a library piece called Stiletto Heels (which has since shown up on TPIR) for a week pitting Playboy Playmates against a group of male actor "hunks."

Was wondering what the title of that piece was...thanks for resolving a long-unsolved mystery! LOL...and yeah, they used it on TPiR for "night on the town"-themed Showcases, as I recall (one of which was on the primetime 25th Anniv. Special).

EDIT: It's available for your listening pleasure on Network Music's site...this version includes a bass solo in the intro and middle sections not heard in the edited version used on FF and TPiR.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:32:43 AM by ChuckNet »

visualbasicwizard

Theme song question
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »
TPIR used the Marines Corp. Band for the opening on the Veteran's Day special last week.  That was a nice touch.

golden-road

Theme song question
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 01:00:24 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'230797\' date=\'Nov 18 2009, 12:00 AM\']Combs' version also used another stock piece for a week in the 92-93(?) season that featured Atlantic City showgirls competing against Vegas ones...in addition, Karn's version used some stock disco music for their Feb. 03 "Village People vs. Disco Divas" week.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")[/quote]

And "YMCA" during the credits.

davemackey

Theme song question
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »
A lot of shows like using Christmas music under the credits on the final show before Christmas. The final network episode of "Newlywed Game" used "Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson during the full credit crawl.

JepMasta

Theme song question
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
"Jeopardy!" also had an in-house pianist play five differently-arranged versions of "Think!" for a celebrity week in New York City once.  They all sounded pretty cool, I would love to hear them again one day

They also had a pianist play the tune on-board the Orient Express fora  special "FJ!" clue.

Ian Wallis

Theme song question
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »
A lot of shows like using Christmas music under the credits on the final show before Christmas. The final network episode of "Newlywed Game" used "Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson during the full credit crawl.

There's a Christmas episode of Wheel of Fortune from the Woolery years floating around that does the same thing.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!