Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rod Roddy's Announcing on TPiR  (Read 2524 times)

nate80s

Rod Roddy's Announcing on TPiR
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
With Rod's last few years as announcer for TPiR, why wasn't he as enthusiastic and announcing in a much lower tone of voice than years before?  Was it because of his cancer?  I wasn't too sure.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
I would assume the amounts of treatment he undertook did in fact take a lot out of him. His final episodes, you can definitely see a big change (rather, an unfortunate one).

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'230269\' date=\'Nov 9 2009, 09:43 PM\']With Rod's last few years as announcer for TPiR, why wasn't he as enthusiastic and announcing in a much lower tone of voice than years before?  Was it because of his cancer?  I wasn't too sure.[/quote]

I would say that his overall declining health was definitely a factor. They showed him on camera near the end of his reign as announcer, and he looked very frail. But then again, I've seen clips from 1992 where he sounded bored, but I actually thought that his last couple years were a little more enthusiastic than most of his 1990s work.

Also, I would imagine that simply losing weight would have an effect on the "roundness" of one's voice. Did he start losing weight before the cancers hit him, or after?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:31:19 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock