Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Foxnews.com slideshow  (Read 5427 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Foxnews.com slideshow
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:33 PM »
Link to the slideshow at foxnews.com

Good morning, all!  Found this at foxnews.com, while killing some time at work.  Enjoy!
--Matt

Jimmy Owen

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »
Never saw the Jodie Sweetin or Melanie Brown shows somehow.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:31:38 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

RyanCDN

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'230311\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 11:30 AM\']Never saw the Jodie Sweetin or Melanie Brown shows somehow.[/quote]

Sweetin is "Pants-Off Dance-Off" on FUSE TV I guess, and Melanie Brown was "The Singing Office" on TLC with Fatone.  I also have not seen either of these.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:31:25 PM by RyanCDN »
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »
I only watched P-O D-O for the articles.
@lambertman

toetyper

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:39:38 PM »
I only go to foxnews.com for the game show articles

/neocon bastards

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 09:26:45 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'230340\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 05:39 PM\']/neocon bastards[/quote]I have yet to meet a person who can actually give a definitive meaning to this word, so I figure it's just a catch-all for "people who don't think exactly like me."
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'230341\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 06:26 PM\']I have yet to meet a person who can actually give a definitive meaning to this word[/quote]
Then I suggest that you haven't been looking.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'230346\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 07:09 PM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'230341\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 06:26 PM\']I have yet to meet a person who can actually give a definitive meaning to this word[/quote]
Then I suggest that you haven't been looking.
[/quote]I submit that people who use "neocon" do so in a derisive way, and not in the way that the Pedia article says, or to neutrally describe a person whose beliefs are those of a new conservatism. It's always "neocon bastards." I don't buy it.

/Like I give a damn what Wikipedia says anymore, anyway.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 12:30:27 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'230358\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 09:10 PM\']It's always "neocon bastards."[/quote]
Well, you see, it's because they're generally bastards.

Matt Ottinger

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 07:44:08 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'230358\' date=\'Nov 11 2009, 12:10 AM\']I submit that people who use "neocon" do so in a derisive way, and not in the way that the Pedia article says, or to neutrally describe a person whose beliefs are those of a new conservatism.[/quote]
And Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity et al use "liberal" in a similarly derisive way.  It doesn't make the definition any less accurate, or any more difficult to understand.  Not liking the usage is one thing.  Claiming that it's irrelevant because nobody knows what it means is something else.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'230369\' date=\'Nov 11 2009, 04:44 AM\']And Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity et al use "liberal" in a similarly derisive way.  It doesn't make the definition any less accurate, or any more difficult to understand.  Not liking the usage is one thing.  Claiming that it's irrelevant because nobody knows what it means is something else.[/quote]
In Travis's defense, linking to Wikipedia was probably a poor decision on my part since the Wiki folks are going to have such an incredible hard-on over NPOV in an article like that so as to make the content pretty much worthless.

TimK2003

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 12:14:42 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' post=\'230310\' date=\'Nov 10 2009, 10:22 AM\']Link to the slideshow at foxnews.com

Good morning, all!  Found this at foxnews.com, while killing some time at work.  Enjoy![/quote]

Kind of a lame-o topic, since over 95% of those who were game show hosts were celebrities of some sort already (radio, TV, movie, music, sports, etc,...)

What they need to do is a list of those who weren't celebrities before becoming a game show host.  Two that come to mind:

Michael Reilly (Monopoly)
The Inquizitor (Inquizition)

Others?

rugrats1

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'230379\' date=\'Nov 11 2009, 12:14 PM\']What they need to do is a list of those who weren't celebrities before becoming a game show host:

The Inquizitor (Inquizition)[/quote]

In that case, it depends on the real identity of The Inquizitor.

Jay Temple

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'230379\' date=\'Nov 11 2009, 11:14 AM\']Kind of a lame-o topic, since over 95% of those who were game show hosts were celebrities of some sort already (radio, TV, movie, music, sports, etc,...)

What they need to do is a list of those who weren't celebrities before becoming a game show host.  Two that come to mind:

Michael Reilly (Monopoly)
The Inquizitor (Inquizition)

Others?[/quote]
Those are solid examples. Others would largely depend on where you set the bar for celebrity. Would Bill Cullen have been considered a celebrity before Winner Take All?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

ethanmx2

Foxnews.com slideshow
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
Ok, I'll place myself in the Looney Bin with this response:

I would disagree that Beck is a NeoCon. According to my definition (not the TJW '90 definition) a NeoCon is a progressive Republican; someone along the lines of Theodore Roosevelt, who wants a large government but with the image of a free market. In addition, Neocons support "spreading Democracy" through force. In essence, Neocons and leftist Globalists are almost one in the same; Globalists want to control the world through a one world government, and Neocons want to control the world though the US government.

Now, Hannity and Limbaugh are definitely party "marks" (to use a wrestling term), and still support the progressive Republican agenda of GWB and John McLame simply because they had an R next to their name. Meanwhile, Beck in 2008 devoted entire episodes of his TV show interviewing Ron Paul (during the primary) and Bob Barr (Libertarian nominee). Even today. Beck has been supporting people voting for third party candidates and has many times said that both parties "stink on ice." And to clarify, he voted for Sarah Palin (but I know the reason why he had to) in 2008, but he knew that between Obama and McCain, we were getting either Progressive or Progressive-Lite.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get the back of my shirt chalked by Beck, and my tinfoil hart is ready.