Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For those who still doesn't have 'em...  (Read 5561 times)

calliaume

For those who still doesn't have 'em...
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'233039\' date=\'Dec 26 2009, 10:57 PM\']Adding to Curt's response since there are a number of educators on this board...  Teachers (and I presume professors too) can get a card from Half Price Books which entitles them to 10% off their total purchases, books or otherwise.  This can be added on top of the 20% discount Curt mentioned.  To get the discount card, you need to have proof of being an educator, like a school ID, union card, or a pay stub.  Thus, some of us can get the Password set for $7.[/quote]
I really wish I'd known this about eight hours ago... would have dragged Prof. (Trimble) Alliaume, Ph.D., into the store as well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:47:03 PM by calliaume »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'233036\' date=\'Dec 26 2009, 06:50 PM\']For those who want to judge for themselves, and live near a Half Price Books, that chain is running a 20 percent off everything in the store sale, today through Wednesday, December 30.  The Password box set sells for $9.98 normally, so for just eight dollars, you can get a bunch of the original episodes yourself.[/quote]
Thanks again, Curt. We did go by on the 27th and I managed to score both the Password and the TPiR sets for eight bones each. (Sadly, the Redmond HPB did not have the Feud set, which is the one of the three (already had the MG set, of course) I wanted the most.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'233207\' date=\'Dec 30 2009, 03:29 PM\'](Sadly, the Redmond HPB did not have the Feud set, which is the one of the three (already had the MG set, of course) I wanted the most.)[/quote]I scored my copy from an Amazon seller for just a few bucks + shipping (roughly $5 total).  New, too.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

TimK2003

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:29 PM »
And for those of you who have yet to get the DVD-Games of LMAD, DoND, Millionaire, etc... that were selling for $4 at Big Lots during the great WB DVD Box Set sale a few months back...Those games are now selling for $2.99 at Tuesday Morning -- sorta a more upscale version of Big Lots.

chad1m

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 06:25:12 PM »
The cover art has been released for the re-releases of BCI's game show DVDs by Mill Creek.
- Match Game's cover now advertises "30 episodes" on the front, moving "The Best of" right next to the show's logo.
- The Price is Right no longer has a circle of light bulbs behind the logo.
- All-Star Family Feud uses a completely different background, a completely different photo of Richard Dawson and has completely different text on the front, advertising some of the matches the episodes feature.
- Password no longer uses the seventies logo and keeps the logo on the top of the set. It also advertises that 30 episodes are from 1961-1967 as apposed to 32 episodes from 1962-1967 on the BCI set.

These are all valued at $14.98 and are set to be released February 2nd.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:26:30 PM by chad1m »