Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR at Michigan State University  (Read 1329 times)

Matt Ottinger

TPIR at Michigan State University
« on: November 19, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »
I think this link works even if you're not signed up for Facebook.  If you can't see it, it's a promotion for a student-run TPIR game to be played tomorrow night in East Lansing.  I only heard about it today.  The poster, though small in the photo, looks impressive.  I was wondering if anybody knew whether this was in any way official, like something Fremantle sends around to campuses, or if this is just an ambitious copyright violation.

Evidence for the latter is that the promotional copy references Bob Barker, but not Drew Carey.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pacdude

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:33:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'230896\' date=\'Nov 19 2009, 11:48 AM\']I think this link works even if you're not signed up for Facebook.  If you can't see it, it's a promotion for a student-run TPIR game to be played tomorrow night in East Lansing.  I only heard about it today.  The poster, though small in the photo, looks impressive.  I was wondering if anybody knew whether this was in any way official, like something Fremantle sends around to campuses, or if this is just an ambitious copyright violation.

Evidence for the latter is that the promotional copy references Bob Barker, but not Drew Carey.[/quote]

On a smaller scale, we at La Salle do this every year. Here's a Flickr photo gallery of the one I helped with last year. http://www.flickr.com/photos/blender13/set...57614318944638/

uncleplinko

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »
We've done an annual one at Ohio University for the past five years, with moderate success.  My Facebook photos belie said success, and our club's website tells the story of inception and production for the first four.
HomeGameEntertainment.com
"Bringing The Contestant Experience Home"

SamPrainito

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »
I've done one in the St. Louis area for the last five years.  Unfortunately due to the economic situation, I wasn't able to do one this year.  I'm definitely planning on one for next year!

The one in East Lansing looks like a big no-no.  When I started my event, I called Fremantle and asked permission.  I was told it was okay as long as I didn't use the name, and I didn't profit from it.  I call mine "Game Show Night", and one hundred percent of the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.

For those that haven't seen them, photos from last year's show are up at www.gameshownight.org.