Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When your prize...  (Read 1907 times)

ed1202

When your prize...
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
Just an observation:

On yesterday's Price Is Right, someone won an AT&T CruiseCast system for their car with one year of free service (it's an in-car satellite TV system.)  Worth about $1700 all together.

But... apparently last month AT&T shut the service down and refunded any exsiting contracts due to losses on the service.

It was an IUFB and only thing the guy won, so essentially he didn't win anything.  Bummer.

snowpeck

When your prize...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 11:13:31 PM »
Are prizes still not awarded until after the show airs?  If so, they should have to provide an alternate prize of equal value.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Terry K

When your prize...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:34 AM »
[quote name=\'ed1202\' post=\'231571\' date=\'Dec 3 2009, 07:02 PM\']Just an observation:

On yesterday's Price Is Right, someone won an AT&T CruiseCast system for their car with one year of free service (it's an in-car satellite TV system.)  Worth about $1700 all together.

But... apparently last month AT&T shut the service down and refunded any exsiting contracts due to losses on the service.

It was an IUFB and only thing the guy won, so essentially he didn't win anything.  Bummer.[/quote]

The prize was provided by Al & Ed's autosound.  So, its their problem to figure out the replacement prize.  I believe the CBS prize disclaimer states the producers can sub a prize of equal or greater value.  its also possible Al & Ed would give them a gift certificate for the value of the prize.

Darion Blackwood Daniel

When your prize...
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:44:09 AM »
Wow.  That is something to hear.  Did they give him something else, Ed?
Love and Heart--The Blackwood Company