Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Card Sharks surveys  (Read 6471 times)

vtown7

Card Sharks surveys
« on: December 09, 2009, 10:59:27 AM »
Hi folks, I'm looking at playing Card Sharks with a friend's class next week.  I've got some oversize playing cards, but I'm at a loss for surveys.  I've seen Feud survey "banks" online - does anyone know where I might get some CS specific ones?  I realize that I could use the FF ones but they tend not to be numerically balanced (ie. one that might have 80 as the answer).

Thanks in advance!

Ryan.

Matt Ottinger

Card Sharks surveys
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'231969\' date=\'Dec 9 2009, 10:59 AM\']Hi folks, I'm looking at playing Card Sharks with a friend's class next week.  I've got some oversize playing cards, but I'm at a loss for surveys.  I've seen Feud survey "banks" online - does anyone know where I might get some CS specific ones?  I realize that I could use the FF ones but they tend not to be numerically balanced (ie. one that might have 80 as the answer).[/quote]
If you want to slog through the game play, there are questions here that the "host" claims were actually used on the show.  Short of that, if you're doing it for a class it doesn't sound like you need very many.  Several of us have the Endless Games home version and could probably shoot you enough to get by.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Card Sharks surveys
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
Also, if you download the old Card Sharks DOS game, the survey database file is readable in Notepad.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Sonic Whammy

Card Sharks surveys
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
DOS game download? Age aside, where the heck is this?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Card Sharks surveys
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 01:47:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'232012\' date=\'Dec 10 2009, 12:54 AM\']DOS game download? Age aside, where the heck is this?[/quote]
I can't seem to find it on the old abandonware site I used to download from, so I uploaded it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C9VBBG13

Made by Softie/Sharedata, the same company that made the old Classic Concentration DOS/C64 games. Great game, but you may need MoSlo in order for it to run.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Card Sharks surveys
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
Sign up with the site hunch.com. Some of the questions have more than two responses, and some won't be terribly interesting, but after you answer a question, the next screen says what percent of the poll group agreed with your answer.
Travis L. Eberle