Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarket Sweep Set Question  (Read 1455 times)

TimK2003

Supermarket Sweep Set Question
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »
The other night on the CW Network, they aired a 2-part "Married With Children", in which the Bundy's camped out in a supermarket on a sweltering summer day, and wound up winning a $1000 shopping spree.

The more I watched the episode, which was almost all shot in the supermarket, it looked like it could've been the set of "Supermarket Sweep", with cosmetic changes on the surrounding walls and a completely different check-out area. The large, square overhead lights look the same as the ones in SS.

Can anyone confirm if the Supermarket Sweep set was indeed used for this 2-part MWC episode???

William_S.

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:32:58 AM »
Hmmm. On observation (thanks to Youtube) I watch both back to back and yeah there some hints to which the set was used.
1.The Ceiling lights. a bit lower on MWC than on SS.
2. The positioning of the aisles.  that's the only thing I could find yeah I know it's not much.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:53:59 PM by William_S. »

dazztardly

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'232155\' date=\'Dec 11 2009, 11:00 PM\']The other night on the CW Network, they aired a 2-part "Married With Children", in which the Bundy's camped out in a supermarket on a sweltering summer day, and wound up winning a $1000 shopping spree.

The more I watched the episode, which was almost all shot in the supermarket, it looked like it could've been the set of "Supermarket Sweep", with cosmetic changes on the surrounding walls and a completely different check-out area. The large, square overhead lights look the same as the ones in SS.

Can anyone confirm if the Supermarket Sweep set was indeed used for this 2-part MWC episode???[/quote]

After looking at the footage, I don't think it was the same set.