Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD Watchers?  (Read 9847 times)

TimK2003

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »
Just like many of the previous posters have said, the Big Deal -- with or without having 2 players vs. 3 doors -- still needs some work on the reveals.  One other thing that Monty did every so often on the Big Deal is to have some prizes or a trip, and then Monty pulled out a check for $xx,xxx amount ("Here's a little spending money to go with your trip to Fiji", for example) bringing the total deal to it's advertised amount.  Wayne's Big Deals are either all-prizes or (occasionally) all-cash, but nothing in-between.

Also, how many times during the show does Wayne have to keep reminding us that the Big Deal is coming up later???  We KNOW the Big Deal happens at the end of the show, just like how the Big Deal is never the first one revealed.  Over at The Price Is Right, you don't hear Drew mentioning "the Showcase or the Showcase Showdown is coming up" in damn near every segment.  If he does mention something coming up, either the Showcase or the Showcase Showdown, he may just be saying to the contestant that he'll see them there later in the show.

I still can't see why they won't do an occasional pricing game or game involving groceries of some kind, like what Monty did.

Otherwise, it is looking better overall than what it did in the first season. I haven't heard how the ratings have been as of late, but I don't think CBS is hurting in that hour.

Speaking of the ratings, how is Chenbot's "The Talk" going with the Nielsens???  Is it doing better than what ATWT did in it's time slot?  Is it doing better in ratings than LMAD?

tvwxman

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »
Speaking of the ratings, how is Chenbot's "The Talk" going with the Nielsens???  Is it doing better than what ATWT did in it's time slot?  Is it doing better in ratings than LMAD?

Ratings are solid enough that it's been picked up for another season. I've heard from folks at the local affiliate that programmers are quite curious about next year, the post-Oprah effect (and also, to a lesser extent, post-Regis), to see what gets elevated, what thrives, and what doesn't survive. It's a new game for early afternoon and there are no clear expectations for what's gonna cut it.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

sick@home

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
Did anyone see the LMAD "Decades Show" from Wed?  I think it was pretty well done.  A lot more effort was put into that show than most.  The big deal was a 55 Thunderbird convertible similar to what they've done on Price.  I would have liked to seen Monty Hall on a show about all of the decades!

J.R.

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
I've been catching the show whenever I can. The second year is much improved.

Brady has loosened up quite nicely to become a very good host and I really like the "partners-in-crime"-like chemistry he's developed with Mangum.
-Joe Raygor

knagl

• Executive Producer
LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »
The show isn't half bad.  It's not appointment television, but it's on at work each day and I at least halfway pay attention to it, although mostly on mute with the captioning.  I still would love to see the show shortened to a half-hour, with the second half of the hour being a nice Pyramid revival.  A boy can dream, at least.

tyshaun1

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
This post (courtesy of SoapOperaNetwork.com) contains all daytime ratings from the week of March 11. Surprisingly enough, LMAD is holding it's own in the ratings, unsurprisingly except for 18-49, although it is tied with All My Children. And TPIR has carved out a nearly full ratings point lead over "The View". No wonder ABC is seriously considering cancelling one of its soaps.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:44:55 PM by tyshaun1 »

BrandonFG

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
I can never find a full list of daytime ratings, so thanks for the link. How does TPiR's 3.7 compare to the end of the Barker/beginning of the Carey eras? Wasn't it finishing 2nd to Y&R for awhile?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TheInquisitiveOne

LMAD Watchers?
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »
Per Buzzerblog, Deal will be along for the ride next season.

Not only has the show been renewed for season three, but taping is already scheduled to commence really soon. Good for Brady and company.

That makes it the first iteration of Deal that makes it past two seasons since...well, the original edition. I'm sold.

The Inquisitive One

EDIT: And by soon, I mean June 1.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:34:36 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.