Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR 2010 PC Multiplayer  (Read 1172 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPIR 2010 PC Multiplayer
« on: January 02, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »
I've combed the G-R forums a bit, but there doesn't seem to be an answer: is Party Mode effectively broken on the PC version? I've played a few games just to unlock a bit more wardrobe, and make my family's avatars. With everybody lined up, I pop the disc in, click Party Mode...and it asks me to sign up for the "live game" in which our scores are shared with people across the country. Fine. After giving it my e-mail address, it says it will tell me "when this feature is ready."

So, because they can't have an online leaderboard, I'm left with a single-player-only copy of TPIR? It's funny how this major problem was downplayed across the internet. I suspect it's because many fans don't gather people to play these games.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

bwood

TPIR 2010 PC Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'233426\' date=\'Jan 2 2010, 03:15 PM\']I've combed the G-R forums a bit, but there doesn't seem to be an answer: is Party Mode effectively broken on the PC version? I've played a few games just to unlock a bit more wardrobe, and make my family's avatars. With everybody lined up, I pop the disc in, click Party Mode...and it asks me to sign up for the "live game" in which our scores are shared with people across the country. Fine. After giving it my e-mail address, it says it will tell me "when this feature is ready."

So, because they can't have an online leaderboard, I'm left with a single-player-only copy of TPIR? It's funny how this major problem was downplayed across the internet. I suspect it's because many fans don't gather people to play these games.

-Jason[/quote]

Sounds to me like they figured you wouldn't gather people around the PC to play multiplayer mode so they came up with this idea instead where you (I assume from what I've read) compete against real people on the internet. Looks like the idea bombed, as they should have had it up at launch.....

They should have kept the single and multiplayer option like the other platforms, and added this "live game" deal as a third option.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:29:57 PM by bwood »