Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BrainSurge episodes  (Read 3422 times)

rjaguar3

BrainSurge episodes
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:14:26 PM »
So I ran across this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BrainSurge_episodes

and since I don't have any episodes (I recorded my very first episode of a game show ever this morning), I was wondering if any of you could check the veracity of the summaries for me.  Thanks.

MikeK

• Martha!
BrainSurge episodes
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:53:07 PM »
Episodes 25 and 26 are definitely very questionable.

dazztardly

BrainSurge episodes
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
Looks like another fanboy submission...like the Carmen Sandiego "lost episode" Auld Lang Gone

Matt Ottinger

BrainSurge episodes
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'234213\' date=\'Jan 12 2010, 06:53 PM\']Episodes 25 and 26 are definitely very questionable.[/quote]
The BrainSurge main page (which, interestingly, does not link to the 'List of Episodes' page) has a more logical list of Nickelodeon performers who participated in the special episodes.   Mind you, I'm not verifying that they did, only that the main page information makes a lot more sense than the other, which is clearly vandalized or a bad hoax.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

rjaguar3

BrainSurge episodes
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
The problem is that it's not all bogus:  there are some episodes that match contestant names and days with shows that I could have seen given my college schedule.  For example, episode 1 matches my summary (but I can't remember the contestant names for that show, nor did I include them in my summary).  Maya from episode 5 and Athena from episode 8 I also remember, and those contestants appear on episodes that first aired on MWF, when I didn't have class.

That said, the two "Interactive BrainSurge specials" seem bogus to me, and the number of episodes don't even match up between this page and the show's main page.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:38:49 PM by rjaguar3 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
BrainSurge episodes
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
At least someone got the 'hoax' marker box up there. That's good.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

BrainSurge episodes
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
Looking at the lack of references, I say we nominate the article for deletion.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!