Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Claudia leaving TPIR?  (Read 4400 times)

HSquares2003

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« on: November 08, 2003, 11:22:57 AM »
Has Fremantle yet fired another Barker Beauty or is Claudia found a better gig and quit?

She posted a thread on the Talk is Right section of golden-road.net, but didn't give specifics.

PeterMarshallFan

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 11:33:49 AM »
I dunno. I doubt it, but maybe her leaving has something to do with Rod's death. I'm probably way off, though.

cmjb13

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 12:02:01 PM »
10/23 was her last day as a permanent model.

She's now on a rotating basis.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Mario500

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 12:27:09 PM »
I guess it's now safe to say the modeling position of "Price" is officially dead, or should I say it died off around the time of the firing of Janice and Kathleen.

-Mario500

TV Favorites

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 04:33:35 PM »
I know that Claudia has been making noises about leaving TPiR (as a permanent model at least) for a while now.  I think she is getting busy with other projects.

tvrandywest

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 05:47:35 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 8 2003, 12:02 PM\'] 10/23 was her last day as a permanent model.
She's now on a rotating basis. [/quote]
Simply to clarify mistaken impressions before they develop into folklore and gossipy conjecture, I suggest you read Claudia's post. She says she finished her run on the show with the 3 primetime specials. Her last day was Saturday 11/8 (the college show). She said she will not be rotating and has no plans to return. It's all in her post. I'll only add that it has nothing to do with Rod's death.

I'm sure everyone wishes Claudia well.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 06:17:07 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

cmjb13

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 06:23:00 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 05:47 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 8 2003, 12:02 PM\'] 10/23 was her last day as a permanent model.
She's now on a rotating basis. [/quote]
Simply to clarify mistaken impressions before they develop into folklore and gossipy conjecture, I suggest you read Claudia's post. She says she finished her run on the show with the 3 primetime specials. Her last day was Saturday 11/8 (the college show). She said she will not be rotating and has no plans to return. It's all in her post. I'll only add that it has nothing to do with Rod's death.

I'm sure everyone wishes Claudia well.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
She told me out of her own mouth in October that the week I was there was her last day as a permanent model and they were putting her on a rotating basis.

If she decided to leave after making that statement, that's something else, but 10/23 was her last day as a permanent model.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 06:30:12 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ClockGameJohn

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 07:22:32 AM »
As Randy has summed up, Claudia posted this early this morning on G-R.net notifying her internet fans that she has officially resigned.

HSquares2003

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 03:25:37 PM »
http://golden-road.net/modules.php?name=Fo...iewtopic&t=2406

Thought I'd clean up behind ya a little bit there John(lol, u forgot the link is what I meant!)

ClockGameJohn

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 04:37:23 PM »
No problem, H2.  :)

zachhoran

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 11:59:58 AM »
Maybe Claudia dated Brandon Foster-Gray for his 21st birthday this year. Brandon might have said I'm not that young and you're not that old, and they hit it off. Perhaps she left to pursue that LOL

Skynet74

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 12:37:38 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 8 2003, 11:22 AM\'] Has Fremantle yet fired another Barker Beauty or is Claudia found a better gig and quit?

She posted a thread on the Talk is Right section of golden-road.net, but didn't give specifics. [/quote]

She left because she wasn't happy anymore. The show wasn't fun like it was when she started. She could only take so much of the constantly changing models. There is no way to build up working relationships that way. It's like going to school with a totally different class each week. By the time you make new friends in one class they are suddenly ripped away from you and replaced by new people. The same applies to any job. Half the fun is spending time with people you've grown to like. Now picture your work buddies changing every freaking week. That has to Suck! That's what Claudia has had to endure for almost two years. Then Rod's death was just icing on the Cake. Even though Claudia didn't quit solely because of Rod. I think that it was just a matter of another friend being ripped away from her family that she grew to love. I believe Rod was the final straw that pushed her over the edge.

John
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 12:43:35 PM by Skynet74 »

cmjb13

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 05:15:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Nov 10 2003, 12:37 PM\'] [quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 8 2003, 11:22 AM\'] Has Fremantle yet fired another Barker Beauty or is Claudia found a better gig and quit?

She posted a thread on the Talk is Right section of golden-road.net, but didn't give specifics. [/quote]

She left because she wasn't happy anymore. The show wasn't fun like it was when she started. She could only take so much of the constantly changing models. There is no way to build up working relationships that way. It's like going to school with a totally different class each week. By the time you make new friends in one class they are suddenly ripped away from you and replaced by new people. The same applies to any job. Half the fun is spending time with people you've grown to like. Now picture your work buddies changing every freaking week. That has to Suck! That's what Claudia has had to endure for almost two years. Then Rod's death was just icing on the Cake. Even though Claudia didn't quit solely because of Rod. I think that it was just a matter of another friend being ripped away from her family that she grew to love. I believe Rod was the final straw that pushed her over the edge.

John [/quote]
 Very well put, although I question whether she left because others had left. If somebody I liked left work, I wouldn't leave work just because they left. Nor would I expect them to leave if I left.

It was steady income for her for a while. I think when Heather left, she was ok, but when Nikki was gone, that was pretty much it. There was no more fun.

And Rod was her closest ally on the show.

davemackey

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 06:17:42 PM »
One step further removed from the glory days, when it was Janice, Dian and Holly, and you could count on them.

What if LMAD decided to rotate Carol Merrill with three or four other girls? (The All-New LMAD did just that for the first few weeks of the show before finally stabilizing with Karen LaPierre and Melanie Vincz.)

Now Rod's death and Claudia's resignation has left an odd void: for the first time ever in TPIR history, Bob Barker is the sole regular cast member on the show.

C'mon, TPIR. Let's find three girls and an announcer and be done with it.

HSquares2003

Claudia leaving TPIR?
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 06:00:22 PM »
You know darn well Cheapmantle is not going to do that, right Dave? It would be nice, but let's be real, they are gonna rotate Burton and Randy as announcers, and three models rotated weekly until the show leaves the air.