Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Special Host/Announcer Traditions...  (Read 1910 times)

TimK2003

Special Host/Announcer Traditions...
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
Not too long ago, I happened to watch an old Cullen TPIR, and then see the 1st generation clip of Three On A Match.  I noticed that in both intros, Don Pardo would say "And here he is...Bill Cullen".  

What struck me as odd is that out of all the shows and announcers that were on a Cullen-hosted show, no other announcer ever used that extra line to introduce Uncle Bill.   On the flip side, Don Pardo never uttered that phrase when introducing any other host, to my knowledge.

I'm not necessarily wondering about the origin of that special intro for Bill by Don, but were there any other hosts & announcers who did the same specific banters or other things between each other on different shows that they were paired up on that they never did or say with anyone else???

Winkfan

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »
...were there any other hosts & announcers who did the same specific banters or other things between each other on different shows that they were paired up on that they never did or say with anyone else???

During the '80s version of Pyramid, Johnny Gilbert would sometimes introduce the host as "Mr. Dick Clark."

Cordially,
Tammy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:28:07 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

mcsittel

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'233752\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 06:17 PM\']During the '80s version of Pyramid, Johnny Gilbert would sometimes introduce the host as "Mr. Dick Clark."[/quote]

If I recall right, Johnny said "Mr. Bob Eubanks" in the intro to Dream House, at least early on-can't recall if it stayed that way during the many updates to the intro.

xavier45

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'233790\' date=\'Jan 7 2010, 02:42 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'233752\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 06:17 PM\']During the '80s version of Pyramid, Johnny Gilbert would sometimes introduce the host as "Mr. Dick Clark."[/quote]

If I recall right, Johnny said "Mr. Bob Eubanks" in the intro to Dream House, at least early on-can't recall if it stayed that way during the many updates to the intro.
[/quote]
And when he filled in for Gene Wood on Family Feud, he called Richard the same thing, Mr. Richard Dawson.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'233790\' date=\'Jan 7 2010, 02:42 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'233752\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 06:17 PM\']During the '80s version of Pyramid, Johnny Gilbert would sometimes introduce the host as "Mr. Dick Clark."[/quote]

[/quote]

He did indeed...despite the many changes to the opening, it always ended "and here's the man w/the key to your dream house, Mr. Bob Eubanks!". The only time he wasn't introduced as such was on the pilot, which was announced by Rod Roddy.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")