Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bert Parks "Break the Bank"  (Read 1653 times)

geno57

Bert Parks "Break the Bank"
« on: January 08, 2010, 02:45:26 AM »
I'm friendly with a delightful lady who appeared on an episode of Password in the early 1960s.  It ran recently on GSN overnight, and I was able to record it and let her and her family see it for the first time.

Anyway ... She and her husband had appeared, about ten years earlier, on another game.  She wondered about its existence.  She writes:

David and I were on Break the Bank while on our honeymoon in NYC on June 19, 1953, with Bert Parks as the emcee, I think. We were the final contestants on a Friday and had to stay over until Monday to complete our “turn”….before we left the studio on Friday they asked me if I sang (which I did), and then ask if I would sing on the Monday appearance. I sang a few bars from the Song from Moulin Rouge on that show. They gave us a 78 rpm record of the show and a b&w photo, but my children are wondering if they might possibly have made videos of those shows in the 50s….I have no idea, do you?

I don't.  Do y'all?

Jimmy Owen

Bert Parks "Break the Bank"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:53:53 AM »
I've seen clips of an opening on one of those NBC retrospective shows, but from kinescope.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.