Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite Newlywed Game Questions?  (Read 7697 times)

Bill Neuweiler

Favorite Newlywed Game Questions?
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »
My friend Tom will be hosting  a high-school version of The Newlywed Game this week.  He has some questions written and I'm trying to help him out with more.   Do you recall any in particular that made you chuckle?
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
"Where was the strangest place you ever made whoopie?"

/what?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Bill Neuweiler\' post=\'235923\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 02:18 PM\']My friend Tom will be hosting  a high-school version of The Newlywed Game this week.  He has some questions written and I'm trying to help him out with more.   Do you recall any in particular that made you chuckle?[/quote]
Are there a lot of newlywed students in your high school? If there are enough to play this game, apparently no one is attending the sex ed classes.

Ideas for questions can be gotten from the show, on GSN nightly. We start taping another season in just 2 weeks.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »
I'm no prude, but this seems like a pretty bad idea.
@lambertman

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
I didn't realize the high school part, but to keep it simple, I suggest just using questions from the board game or the GSN eps.

But since this is for high school, I'd probably avoid anything approaching the category of "whoopee".
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »
"Which of the following sandwiches best describes your boyfriend's weiner?"  Big Mac, Whopper Jr., or the Chicken Little?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JayDLewis

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 06:41:31 PM »
"Bobby, when you and your chemistry teacher Ms Lead are making whoopee, does she normally face the ceiling, pillow or wall?"

Seriously, have we forgotten Teammates/I'm Telling? You can easily do TNG without relationship-y couples.

/Better idea than Dating Game
//local HS did that with diasastrous/humiliating results
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:42:09 PM by JayDLewis »
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'235930\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 03:39 PM\']"Which of the following sandwiches best describes your boyfriend's weiner?"  Big Mac, Whopper Jr., or the Chicken Little?[/quote]I'm not exactly a prude myself, but this sort of question is just begging for trouble. (Also the assumption that every high school couple has seen each other undressed is a little...well, no, very gauche, I think.)

"in what class did you first meet?" "what does your partner spend more time on each night?" "how much did your partner spend on your last outing?" "what television program does your partner watch every week?"

These aren't the snicker-inducing questions that ol' Bob would ask years ago, but they also won't have your production hauled before the superintendent either.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'235933\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 07:22 PM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'235930\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 03:39 PM\']"Which of the following sandwiches best describes your boyfriend's weiner?"  Big Mac, Whopper Jr., or the Chicken Little?[/quote]I'm not exactly a prude myself, but this sort of question is just begging for trouble. (Also the assumption that every high school couple has seen each other undressed is a little...well, no, very gauche, I think.)[/quote]
Regardless of who may or may not be a prude in this thread, I'm reasonably certain Mark was kidding.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'235933\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 07:22 PM\']"what does your partner spend more time on each night?"[/quote]
"Me."  And that's the moment the principal stops the game and tells everybody to go to their homeroom.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'235937\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 04:48 PM\']Regardless of who may or may not be a prude in this thread, I'm reasonably certain Mark was kidding.\[/quote]That's fine. I'm also certain that Mark has tried to insert Match Game '98-style innuendo into anything he posts. (Seven inch in the bedroom indeed.)

The bigger question: if you ask questions like that, doesn't it tacitly assume that the teenagers are in fact having sex? And that you're accepting of that fact? I think a very good acid test is "would you answer that question, as a teenager, in front of your entire school, your parents and your family?" or "Would you be comfortable hearing your son, daughter or classmate answering that?"

What does it say about where we are as a society that we have to qualify saying "I don't think kids should be answering questions pertaining to sex" as being a prude? Shouldn't "hell no!" be the default answer? A student down in Thurston county sent photos of herself naked to her boyfriend, he sent them to his friends after they broke up. And now everyone at school has seen her naked. Is that over the line?

[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'235938\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 04:53 PM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'235933\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 07:22 PM\']"what does your partner spend more time on each night?"[/quote]"Me."  And that's the moment the principal stops the game and tells everybody to go to their homeroom.[/quote]"Mr. Klauss to the teacher's lounge to collect his e internets."
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'235944\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 08:42 PM\']The bigger question: if you ask questions like that, doesn't it tacitly assume that the teenagers are in fact having sex? And that you're accepting of that fact? I think a very good acid test is "would you answer that question, as a teenager, in front of your entire school, your parents and your family?" or "Would you be comfortable hearing your son, daughter or classmate answering that?"[/quote]
I can't speak for society, but I work at a high school, and I have to say that I'm mighty surprised that the basic idea got past the club advisor in the first place.  Jay's right, you can absolutely do relationship-question games without innuendo, but if this thing is indeed being pitched as "a high-school version of The Newlywed Game", that should automatically have thrown up some red flags.  The potential saving grace here is that today's high schoolers aren't familiar with The Newlywed Game and therefore don't know to expect titillation.  Surely the questions Tom selects will be appropriate to the venue.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'235955\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 08:22 PM\']The potential saving grace here is that today's high schoolers aren't familiar with The Newlywed Game and therefore don't know to expect titillation.[/quote]

How many of them would even know the meaning of the word 'titillation'?  

/Zero, if it weren't for the onomatopoeia, I'm guessing

dale_grass

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'235987\' date=\'Feb 16 2010, 10:24 AM\']How many of them would even know the meaning of the word 'titillation'?  

/Zero, if it weren't for the onomatopoeia, I'm guessing[/quote]
Yes, because as we all know, tits make a sound.

TimK2003

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
Throwing my [checking pockets for change...] $0.18 worth, getting back to the original question...

Some of my favorite NG questions that would work in a high-school environment are the ones that used a lesser-known or used word, and made it the subject of the question.  Examples:

-- What do you dip your cruller in?
-- What would be your teammate's favorite caveat?
-- What was the last thing your teammate used with a caster?
-- What was the last sartorial item your teammate had bought?
-- Who is your school's biggest martinet?

Most of the time, the contestants don't know or forget what the definition(s) mean, and have to come up with something.  Just make sure the "host" doesn't reveal the actual definition until after all the answers are revealed.