Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'LMAD' '03  (Read 6149 times)

The Pyramids

'LMAD' '03
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
For those of us who were not watching what exactly was the controversial opening bit on the first show? Also was there any consensus about Billy Bush as host during its short run?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:18:42 PM by PaulD »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:51:55 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'236865\' date=\'Mar 4 2010, 09:18 AM\']For those of us who were not watching what exactly was the controversial opening bit on the first show?[/quote]
Since you gave us absolutely no detail I can't say for sure, but maybe you're talking about the deal where contestants reached under grass skirts men were wearing to try to find a banana or something.
Also was there any consensus about Billy Bush as host during its short run?
I believe the consensus was that he pretty much sucked balls.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »
For those of us who were not watching what exactly was the controversial opening bit on the first show?
Billy Bush appearing? *ducks*

Since you gave us absolutely no detail I can't say for sure, but maybe you're talking about the deal where contestants reached under grass skirts men were wearing to try to find a banana or something.
That was the first deal on the first show. Apparently, Steve Beverly raised quite a ruckus over it.

Also was there any consensus about Billy Bush as host during its short run?
The general consensus was that he's no Monty Hall (although frankly, that'll be said about anybody who hosts the show), but I don't think he was that bad. He did his job, and was promptly made to look like an imbecile once the Big Dealer himself walked in on the last aired show.

(Pretty much a repeat of David Sparks on that New Cross-Wits Game Show Hosts Week, actually.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:56:22 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

'LMAD' '03
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:26:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'236903\' date=\'Mar 4 2010, 05:18 PM\']Professor Beverly raised quite a ruckus over it, and rightfully so.[/quote]
Opinions vary.

Neumms

'LMAD' '03
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »
I didn't mind Billy, either. Which is crazy, since his relatives would make me predisposed to abhor him, and whenever I've seen him on ET or whatever, he's grating as all hell.

Was there not another game on there of "Spot the Cross-Dresser"?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'236871\' date=\'Mar 4 2010, 09:51 AM\']I believe the consensus was that he pretty much sucked balls.[/quote]Having found an episode of LMAD: 2003 on the YT, I gave it a watch, and Billy wasn't bad. He wasn't great, he wasn't terrible. He was serviceable. So I will include myself out of any consensus that consists of "sucked balls."

[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'236903\' date=\'Mar 4 2010, 05:18 PM\']That was the first deal on the first show. Professor Beverly raised quite a ruckus over it, and rightfully so.[/quote]LONGSHOT!

You or Professor Malfeasance don't speak for me, or anyone here. If Mr. Beverly got his gradebook in a knot over the game, that's fine, but I didn't. I didn't mind the Higher/Lower game where the contestant had to reach into a blacked out box to either find the prize or something icky. He has a problem with just about anything that doesn't fit his narrowminded view of what a game show ought to be, yet he kept right on reporting the goings on from Survivor, Big Brother, and Fear Factor. Anyone who had a problem with the games was free to not watch, and since the show was canned with episodes yet to air, that is exactly what happened.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
You [...] don't speak for me, or anyone here. If Mr. Beverly got his gradebook in a knot over the game, that's fine, but I didn't.
Thing is, you really shouldn't be sticking your hand into a man's kilt and pull out a banana. This is Let's Make A Deal, not the Playboy Channel!

I didn't mind the Higher/Lower game where the contestant had to reach into a blacked out box to either find the prize or something icky.
That was just an attempt to be Fear Factor-esque. I was waiting for a game where you had to price items within a certain range, or pick groceries from least to most expensive -- and I still am.

He has a problem with just about anything that doesn't fit his narrowminded view of what a game show ought to be, yet he kept right on reporting the goings on from Survivor, Big Brother, and Fear Factor.
He had a game show news site, and some people like certain shows that other people hate.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:05:10 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

'LMAD' '03
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'237032\' date=\'Mar 6 2010, 07:24 PM\']But, again, I speak for nobody but myself.[/quote]
And, at this rate, thank Gawd.

chad1m

'LMAD' '03
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'237041\' date=\'Mar 6 2010, 11:05 PM\']Why does everybody on this board think I'm insane?[/quote]We're familiar with your previous work.

clemon79

'LMAD' '03
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'237041\' date=\'Mar 6 2010, 08:05 PM\']/Why does everybody on this board think I'm insane?
//I have some weird opinions, but I'm not somebody who should be avoided like the plague[/quote]
Oh, I don't think you're insane.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'237003\' date=\'Mar 6 2010, 04:41 PM\']He was serviceable.[/quote]
For me, I expand this to the entire show.  It had all the beats of a Big Money primetime version of LMAD, and that was fine by me.  Most of the "Let's do something outrageous!" moments elicited no more than an eye roll, from me, even though I think that was why it failed.

IIRC, the first episode had a pricing deal for a trip en masse to the Carribean and another multiplayer game involving shares of DealCo which I both thought were pretty awesome, but the bad First Impression trumped it all in the big picture.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:41:17 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 09:58:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'237189\' date=\'Mar 8 2010, 06:40 PM\']IIRC, the first episode had a pricing deal for a trip en masse to the Carribean and another multiplayer game involving shares of DealCo which I both thought were pretty awesome, but the bad First Impression trumped it all in the big picture.[/quote]I don't recall if it was the first, but you're right. Five sorority sisters dressed up as Catholic schoolgirls would win a $25,000 Caribbean holiday if they could sort five grocery items by price. They had to do this by ordering themselves, as each one had a product hanging from their neck, but they were still doing the tough game for a big prize thing on LMAD '03.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Don Howard

'LMAD' '03
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
Too much editing killed it for me. While Billy may have drawn out some of the suspense in real time, the way a big win came across on the air one night was as follows: "Let'sSeeWhat'sInTheEnvelope$50000".

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
'LMAD' '03
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'237205\' date=\'Mar 9 2010, 11:02 AM\']Too much editing killed it for me. While Billy may have drawn out some of the suspense in real time, the way a big win came across on the air one night was as follows: "Let'sSeeWhat'sInTheEnvelope$50000".[/quote]

EXACTLY!  For me, I was looking for that "live" feel of broadcasting.  But, instead, this show was the indeed a "template" for such shows like "Deal or No Deal" and "Dog Eat Dog".  Too much editing, sweetening and fake drama.
-Sanford