Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some Sad News  (Read 3534 times)

Chris Kennedy

Some Sad News
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:20:26 PM »
Folks.  

I heard on Shokus Internet Radio that Stu on his show yesterday, along with Steve Beverly, and Wes Hyatt, said that Paul Bailey, who produced and ran GSC, had said that due to personal and professional issues, he cannot be associated with the production of GSC anymore.  And Steve Beverly said he couldn't take over production of GSC for Paul, because of his job at the University where he's a professor at.  Which means that GSC is no more. :(  

Unless, to keep it alive, it would take a unique person or team of people with alot financial backing.  

I must say, it was good while it lasted, though I never been there myself.  

And to be frank, I am going to step in and try to do my own part, along with some great friends of mine, who are also die hard game show, television, and broadcasting fans, to have GSC kept alive.  

I am very sorry though to bring this awful news.  But the least I can do is bring a little hope into this situation for us.  

Take care always.

- Chris
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:41:48 PM by Matt Ottinger »

uncleplinko

Some Sad News
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
I got that email a couple of days ago.  I've already joined the message board there to try to inspire a GSC2010.  If anyone's interested in helping in any way, contact Paul and he'll shoot you the link to the board.

Paul may not be able to, but I'm sure there is enough of us to pick up where he left off last year.  Who's in??
HomeGameEntertainment.com
"Bringing The Contestant Experience Home"

ethanmx2

Some Sad News
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
*Raises hand* I'm in!

Chris Kennedy

Some Sad News
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
Hi there uncleplinko.

I sure am "in" to help.  How can you contact Paul again?  I will definitely join that message boards.

Thanks much.  Bless you and take care.

- Chris

gameshowcongress

Some Sad News
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »
I have setup a discussion board for the GSC at http://gsc8.proboards.com/ but feel free to discuss it here as well.

I can't produce or direct, but I can help with specific tasks if someone else wants to lead the effort.

There are assets like a website, logo and various logo items, plus a 7 event history to build upon.

I look forward to creative ideas of how to proceed.

PB