Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL DVD GAME  (Read 1417 times)

whewfan

PYL DVD GAME
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:11:04 PM »
I got the PYL DVD game for Christmas, and played it, well, some of it... the disc I got was defective, but I feel I've played enough of it...

As some of you may know the DVD version is hosted by Todd Newton.

The gameplay is faithful to the original PYL, except that players take turns answering questions first and having the opportunity to get 3 spins.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the DVD version, and here's why...

No "one player" option
The pacing of the question round is SLOW.
After every spin, you're shown your current score, with Todd exclaiming "HERE IS YOUR SCORE!!"... that got annoying VERY quickly.
I have yet to hit a Whammy... I'll try to play it again and hit a whammy on purpose, which may actually be difficult because...
The most annoying factor of the game is the spinning itself. Instead of a single bouncing light going around the board, it's 4 or 5 flashing lights going around at once! This makes the spinning far less fun and pointless because you don't know WHICH of the lights you're trying to stop!

I understand the Wii version is FAR better, so I'll see if I can find a used copy of it.

comicus

PYL DVD GAME
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
This post was relevant and timely.

jtn2002

PYL DVD GAME
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:16:49 PM »
Also you can only pass spins once.  In other words, the spin war is impossible.  Has the Wii version fixed this?