Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Italian DOND  (Read 1649 times)

entguy1

Italian DOND
« on: March 17, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
Thanks to SCOLA, a cable channel that shows different TV from around the world, I caught most of an episode of the Italiian "Deal or No Deal" last week. (Mind you, the limit of my Italiian is being able to order at Pizza Hut.)

What was interesting -- besides the fact that their sound cues included apparently unlicensed themes from "Jaws," "Twilight Zone" and Beethoven's Ninth -- was a space on the board that said "Negativo," several spaces up from the bottom dollar amount. Any idea what "Negativo" means? You have to give that much money back??

Matt Ottinger

Italian DOND
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'237762\' date=\'Mar 17 2010, 04:24 PM\']Thanks to SCOLA, a cable channel that shows different TV from around the world, I caught most of an episode of the Italiian "Deal or No Deal" last week. (Mind you, the limit of my Italiian is being able to order at Pizza Hut.)[/quote]
SCOLA still operates?  Wow.  Back when cable was first catching on in the late seventies and early eighties, our university ran SCOLA on one of their channels.  I remember getting a Spanish version of Lingo and a Russian adaptation of Trivial Pursuit, both probably kicking around somewhere on a VHS tape.  Gee, maybe even a Betamax.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brig Bother

Italian DOND
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'237762\' date=\'Mar 17 2010, 08:24 PM\']Any idea what "Negativo" means? You have to give that much money back??[/quote]

That's doubtful, Endemol round up < €50 wins up to €50 on this version don't they?

Anyway, it sounds like a joke object prize, I can't see anything in the official rules about it... mystery booby prize maybe?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:35:35 PM by Brig Bother »

mmb5

Italian DOND
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'237764\' date=\'Mar 17 2010, 05:23 PM\'][quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'237762\' date=\'Mar 17 2010, 04:24 PM\']Thanks to SCOLA, a cable channel that shows different TV from around the world, I caught most of an episode of the Italiian "Deal or No Deal" last week. (Mind you, the limit of my Italiian is being able to order at Pizza Hut.)[/quote]
SCOLA still operates?  Wow.  Back when cable was first catching on in the late seventies and early eighties, our university ran SCOLA on one of their channels.  I remember getting a Spanish version of Lingo and a Russian adaptation of Trivial Pursuit, both probably kicking around somewhere on a VHS tape.  Gee, maybe even a Betamax.
[/quote]

They also did des chiffres et des lettres and pyramide.  Sadly, that tape got destroyed.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

CeleTheRef

Italian DOND
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:13:55 AM »
I guess the joke prize was a negative film. I'm positive about it. :)

right now in Italy DOND is taking a break and will come back later, probably with a new host.

there's Identity now, here's a sample
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrrpRG9BJ_g

rugrats1

Italian DOND
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 08:05:03 AM »
SCOLA is still around, and (apparently) has seven channels, with an eighth on the way. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCOLA_(TV_service)