Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Moves to Orlando  (Read 2202 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Family Feud Moves to Orlando
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Allstar87

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »
Seeing as how I visit Universal Studios Florida on a pretty regular basis, this is great news for me. Can't wait to check it out! :)

(I got to see Beat The Clock '02 and My Family's Got Guts on previous trips...good times!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:19:37 PM by Allstar87 »

bandit_bobby

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:29:02 AM »
I have this feeling announcer Burton Richardson will start each episode with something like "From Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, it's time to play Family Feud!".

pacdude

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:23:27 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'238266\' date=\'Mar 26 2010, 12:29 AM\']I have this feeling announcer Burton Richardson will start each episode with something like "From Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, it's time to play Family Feud!".[/quote]

Please share with us why you feel that way.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'238307\' date=\'Mar 26 2010, 03:23 PM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'238266\' date=\'Mar 26 2010, 12:29 AM\']I have this feeling announcer Burton Richardson will start each episode with something like "From Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, it's time to play Family Feud!".[/quote]

Please share with us why you feel that way.
[/quote]
Well, I do see one reason why they'd at the very least mention their new location- to grab a bigger audience.

People trek to LA to see The Price is Right. People don't do that for many other game shows SEPARATELY- they might see a bunch as part of one trip, but not a solitary game show (please correct me if I'm wrong). Taping in a vacation spot gives them a chance to pull audience members and/or potential families right from the audience, or even the park. It reminds me of both Millionaire's "Walk in & Win" weeks, or even Family Double Dare- if you're on vacation and just happen to get the chance to walk away with a little extra cash, too, then why not?

Although not a game show, I'm pretty sure TNA Wrestling tapes at the same location. Now I don't watch the show, but do they mention Universal Studios? If so, how often do they?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

xavier45

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'238586\' date=\'Mar 30 2010, 06:06 PM\']Although not a game show, I'm pretty sure TNA Wrestling tapes at the same location. Now I don't watch the show, but do they mention Universal Studios? If so, how often do they?[/quote]
Rarely. They mostly say that they are in the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida.