Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune in Sports Illustrated  (Read 2799 times)

JayC

Wheel of Fortune in Sports Illustrated
« on: November 13, 2003, 02:36:02 PM »
In the section of Sports Illustrated called "Next Week in Sports", They have the WOF NBA week listed as a must see for Monday the 17th.  They also have a full page ad for it on the next page, showing who will be on it.  They also mentioned Wheel celebrating it's 4000th episode.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 03:38:56 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 02:36 PM\'] In the section of Sports Illustrated called "Next Week in Sports", They have the WOF NBA week listed as a must see for Monday the 17th.  They also have a full page ad for it on the next page, showing who will be on it.  They also mentioned Wheel celebrating it's 4000th episode. [/quote]
 You know, this may just be me....but it's getting rather annoying every time a gameshow remotely appears in another form of media to see it pop up here on the board.....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 04:59:41 PM »
SI turned up on a WOF puzzle (in the speed up round I guess) several years ago. Also, the swimsuit issue was a maingame puzzle.  

BTW, I wanted to get the covers edition of SI today, so I went to Walgreens. I left, and I realized I hadn't paid for it - so I had to go back to Walgreens and pay it.

Brian

Wary blue waters?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
The leaves start to change color in May?

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 05:14:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 03:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 02:36 PM\'] In the section of Sports Illustrated called "Next Week in Sports", They have the WOF NBA week listed as a must see for Monday the 17th.  They also have a full page ad for it on the next page, showing who will be on it.  They also mentioned Wheel celebrating it's 4000th episode. [/quote]
You know, this may just be me....but it's getting rather annoying every time a gameshow remotely appears in another form of media to see it pop up here on the board..... [/quote]
 I've seen worse up here and on ATGS, but this one is somewhat acceptable.

I do think some of the posters obsess a little too much over this.

BTW, Henke, what does your SI being on Wheel ref. have to do with anything?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »
Yeah, I think this business of pointing out EVERY game show reference outside of a game show is a little ridiculous -

Wait a second! I've got a copy of TV GUIDE here by me, they list a LOT of game shows by name! And they do it *every week*!!!! Imagine the possibilities...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 06:13:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 01:38 PM\'] You know, this may just be me....but it's getting rather annoying every time a gameshow remotely appears in another form of media to see it pop up here on the board..... [/quote]
 We have people who keep records of such things, so it's deemed topical. Frankly, the whole concept frightens me, but there it is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 09:44:39 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 04:59 PM\'] SI turned up on a WOF puzzle (in the speed up round I guess) several years ago. Also, the swimsuit issue was a maingame puzzle.  

BTW, I wanted to get the covers edition of SI today, so I went to Walgreens. I left, and I realized I hadn't paid for it - so I had to go back to Walgreens and pay it.
 [/quote]
 Just because you haven't done this in about a month as a separate post doesn't make it okay.  Please don't start again.

Brandon Brooks