Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PRESS YOUR LUCK now on iPhone/iTouch..  (Read 2113 times)

MrGameShow

PRESS YOUR LUCK now on iPhone/iTouch..
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
Well, seeing that it was $1.99, I figured "Oh, why not"..

Ludia, I can only give props to your graphics department for a somewhat faithful recreation, but game play lacks.

I've heard the horror stories about the other versions of the game being bad layouts of the board and such - this is no different. Not sure if the boards are pre-generated, but in my Round 1, I had static boards with 6 whammies, then a 2-W board, and a Whammyless board. So, it wasn't too hard to Larson the game being the three bounce rule.

Funny thing was that the game ended up freezing on me in the first round, so I uninstalled it and redownloaded it to my iTouch - the first set of questions were EXACTLY THE SAME! Guess to avoid repeats they don't shuffle the database.

It might be fun for those that pay no real attention to the game, but for the "geeks like us", it's a shame someone wasn't looking over their shoulder before the games were released to make it more "fan-friendly".

CJBojangles

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »
[quote name=\'MrGameShow\' post=\'238990\' date=\'Apr 6 2010, 06:44 PM\']Not sure if the boards are pre-generated, but in my Round 1, I had static boards with 6 whammies, then a 2-W board, and a Whammyless board. So, it wasn't too hard to Larson the game being the three bounce rule.[/quote]

The Wii version does this too. The board layout is very similar to the show, but you end up shuffling between a board with 2 Whammies, one with 7, then a Whammy-less board. If they had to do it this way, they should've left a couple on each board.

Kinda sucks the fun out of it when after a couple spins everyone figures out that all you have to do is stop the board when there are no Whammies on it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:20:40 PM by CJBojangles »

tvmitch

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:28:01 AM »
What is an iTouch?
You should follow me on Twitter

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
The polite version of an iFondle.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

narzo

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 02:48:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'239047\' date=\'Apr 8 2010, 08:41 AM\']The polite version of an iFondle.[/quote]
Well played!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'239062\' date=\'Apr 8 2010, 01:48 PM\'][quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'239047\' date=\'Apr 8 2010, 08:41 AM\']The polite version of an iFondle.[/quote]
Well played!
[/quote]
iLol'd.