Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid's NASCAR Week  (Read 3368 times)

brianhenke

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« on: November 09, 2003, 04:55:34 PM »
Here are the Pyramid matchups for NASCAR Week:

Monday    Jamie McMurray vs. Kurt Busch

Tuesday   YOUR 2003 WC CHAMPION Matt Kenseth (that's a trivia question: Who was the last WC champ?) vs. Busch in a Roush Racing battle

Wednesday Tony Stewart vs. Jeremy Mayfield

Thursday   McMurray vs. Kenseth

Friday       Christian Fittipaldi vs. Mayfield

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 05:03:38 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 04:55 PM\']

Tuesday   YOUR 2003 WC CHAMPION Matt Kenseth (that's a trivia question: Who was the last WC champ?) vs. Busch in a Roush Racing battle
 [/quote]
Just when I thought this crap had ended....it resurfaces.  And I'm a NASCAR fan, yet know to keep it off the boards.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 05:04:11 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 03:03 PM\'] Just when I thought this crap had ended....it resurfaces.  And I'm a NASCAR fan, yet know to keep it off the boards. [/quote]
 Hey, I think NASCAR is a pitiful waste of time better spent practicing right turns, but there is as much topicality in that post as there are in many others around here that have specifically been deemed on-topic, so let him have his day, hmm? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

brianhenke

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 05:57:34 PM »
Kenseth clinched the title today (on TNT, for some reason), and that's why I said that.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Michael Brandenburg

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 06:58:41 PM »
In response to the following topic that was posted by Brian Henke on 11-9-2003:

Here are the Pyramid matchups for NASCAR Week:

Monday Jamie McMurray vs. Kurt Busch

Tuesday YOUR 2003 WC CHAMPION Matt Kenseth (that's a trivia question: Who was the last WC champ?) vs. Busch in a Roush Racing battle

Wednesday Tony Stewart vs. Jeremy Mayfield

Thursday McMurray vs. Kenseth

Friday Christian Fittipaldi vs. Mayfield

Ah, so we'll have NASCAR drivers on for all five days this week.  This will give me a chance to try an experiment!

If I tape all five shows and then dub them onto a T-120 VHS video cassette at standard-play speed without their commercials, can I get 2½ hours worth of Pyramid onto a 2-hour cassette??

Michael Brandenburg
   (I may not be a big NASCAR fan, but I do support Tony Stewart's racing team by shopping at Home Depot!)

zachhoran

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 07:14:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 05:03 PM\']
Just when I thought this crap had ended....it resurfaces.  And I'm a NASCAR fan, yet know to keep it off the boards. [/quote]
 Crap may be the word used to describe some of the expected gameplay this week, but maybe one or two of the celebs might turn out OK.

Matt Ottinger

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 07:26:11 PM »
If I tape all five shows and then dub them onto a T-120 VHS video cassette at standard-play speed without their commercials, can I get 2½ hours worth of Pyramid onto a 2-hour cassette??
Yes, easily.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 02:46:04 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 04:57 PM\'] Kenseth clinched the title today (on TNT, for some reason), and that's why I said that.

Brian [/quote]
 In my personal episode guide, I have a note that the top winner in Miss America week also became Miss America the next day.  I will now have a note that Mr. Kenseth clinched the title the day before the shows aired.  (The only thing that would have been better is if one of his shows was scheduled for Monday.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

uncamark

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 06:26:07 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 07:14 PM\'][quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 9 2003, 05:03 PM\']
Just when I thought this crap had ended....it resurfaces.  And I'm a NASCAR fan, yet know to keep it off the boards. [/quote]
Crap may be the word used to describe some of the expected gameplay this week, but maybe one or two of the celebs might turn out OK.[/quote]
You have to realize, of course, that he was promoting the show, but Donny said this morning on ESPN2's new morning show "Cold Pizza" that the level of play from the NASCAR drivers was much better than you might expect, even from Fittipaldi, of whom English is not his first language.  But once again, it goes without saying that he was there to plug the show and he wasn't going to say that they stunk up the place.

Donny was also ramrodded (?) into doing a "little bit country, little bit rock & roll" opening with Kit Hoover, "CP"'s annoyingly perky co-host (his segment was pre-taped at a more hospitable hour for him).  You're too nice a guy, Donny.

HSquares2003

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 05:57:05 PM »
In fairness, I only saw the one Fittipaldi show Friday, and quite frankly he sucked as a celebrity. I think he just gave up altogether on trying to win.

Matt Ottinger

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2003, 06:16:21 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 06:57 PM\'] In fairness, I only saw the one Fittipaldi show Friday, and quite frankly he sucked as a celebrity. I think he just gave up altogether on trying to win. [/quote]
 Tell you what, you go down to Brazil and play a word game in Portuguese and tell me how YOU would do!

Honestly, Fittipaldi claims to speak English fluently, and I'm sure he's proficient enough with it, but it's clearly a second or even a third language for him.  Add to that the fact that he probably wasn't familiar with the game and yeah, he probably didn't particularly care whether he won or not.  Stir briskly, and you've made yourself a "bad celebrity" cocktail, a sure recipe for awkward game play.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

HSquares2003

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 06:26:53 PM »
Ok I see your point, but why couldn't they have picked Jeff Gordon or somebody like that instead of Fittipaldi?

And, maybe Marc Summers will feature that drink on the next "Unwrapped"

(sarcasm)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 08:56:30 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 04:26 PM\'] Ok I see your point, but why couldn't they have picked Jeff Gordon or somebody like that instead of Fittipaldi?

And, maybe Marc Summers will feature that drink on the next "Unwrapped"

(sarcasm) [/quote]
 Rest assured that the Sony people prolly only marginally had anything to do with the NASCAR people who did the show. I'm sure it was a matter of driver availability, combined with who NASCAR wanted to promote. Jeff Gordon either a) had another gig, or b) doesn't need the hype. (Hell, even I know he drives the #24 DuPont Chevrolet, and if _I_ know that, he doesn't need promoting.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

Pyramid's NASCAR Week
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2003, 03:47:49 PM »
Exactly.  Doubtless, there are plenty of people they would love to have on the show, especially during themed weeks, but most A-list celebs won't do game shows.  Don't you think they'd kill to get James Gandolfini rather than Steve Schirippa?

In any event, I think Donny was telling the truth.  As a group, the NASCAR guys played pretty well, especially in the Winner's Circle.  Granted, they didn't have any of the ridiculous categories like the ones discussed under "Dumbest category ..."

I was going to say something about the celebs on the recent Soap Stars week, but getting Heather Tom from Y&R and the woman who plays Sami on DOOL is no small feat.  (Still, why couldn't they get Melody Thomas Scott, a former Pyramid regular, who still plays Heather's mom on Y&R?)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.