Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fremantle to take 'Push the Button' worldwide  (Read 4558 times)

NickS

Fremantle to take 'Push the Button' worldwide
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 03:48:19 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'239531\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 11:54 PM\']Although I may be an oddity, having played more than one impromptu game of Will It Float?
-Jason[/quote]

Does it involve a duck, a witch and small pebbles?

ObThread:  I do think that MtWI (yes, I'm being lazy here) is fun from the playability factor - I think it's just that the execution of most of the show is what makes me not want to watch.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'239548\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 12:48 PM\']I think it's just that the execution of most of the show is what makes me not want to watch.[/quote]
Don't disagree in the least. There's no way I would watch it in realtime. DVR'd, it's fine.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'239550\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 03:09 PM\'][quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'239548\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 12:48 PM\']I think it's just that the execution of most of the show is what makes me not want to watch.[/quote]
Don't disagree in the least. There's no way I would watch it in realtime. DVR'd, it's fine.
[/quote]

Which brings up an interesting point if CBS brings The Cube to fruition - will it stay true to its British counterpart?  If so, I'll most likely watch the whole thing (and if NPH throws in a Dr. Horrible reference here and there, bonus points).  If not, then it goes back to your comment above.

And I'll correct the above - not all of the execution is bad - the blueprints are watchable, but that's from a motion graphics standpoint.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'239569\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 06:03 PM\']Which brings up an interesting point if CBS brings The Cube to fruition - will it stay true to its British counterpart?  If so, I'll most likely watch the whole thing (and if NPH throws in a Dr. Horrible reference here and there, bonus points).  If not, then it goes back to your comment above.

And I'll correct the above - not all of the execution is bad - the blueprints are watchable, but that's from a motion graphics standpoint.[/quote]I currently have two big problems with Sixty Seconds to Success:

1. Not enough content per hour

2. See point one.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Kniwt

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'239569\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 06:03 PM\']Which brings up an interesting point if CBS brings The Cube to fruition - will it stay true to its British counterpart?[/quote]

I'm mildly encouraged. The versions from Portugal and Saudi Arabia are absolutely, completely, 100% faithful to the original in every way. (OK, the Saudi host is just a wee bit too excitable, but I'll chalk that up to cultural differences.) It's quite possible that the developers have strict licensing terms a la Millionaire (or even stricter) so that it's essentially the same program in every territory where it airs.

Ant and Dec did not play any of their games inside a cube.  There, I've said something on-topic here. :)