Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmy nominations announced  (Read 10503 times)

DrBear

Daytime Emmy nominations announced
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243170\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 08:30 PM\']That kinda annoyed me (just a tad), being Bandstand mostly aired on Saturdays, while Pyramid was at least a daily daytime show.[/quote]

Maybe you're a bit too young - remember, I'm a geezer - but Bandstand did start as a daily afternoon show, first in Philly and then picked up by ABC. I'm JUST old enough to remember the daily Bandstand before it switched to Saturdays.

Of course, add producing and Dick Clark could earn about three lifetime achievement awards...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'243225\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 05:57 PM\']Maybe you're a bit too young - remember, I'm a geezer - but Bandstand did start as a daily afternoon show, first in Philly and then picked up by ABC. I'm JUST old enough to remember the daily Bandstand before it switched to Saturdays.[/quote]
Come to think of it, I do remember reading that, but for some reason I thought the daily version only aired locally. Didn't know it was national as well.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

golden-road

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 06:55:09 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243226\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 06:08 PM\'][quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'243225\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 05:57 PM\']Maybe you're a bit too young - remember, I'm a geezer - but Bandstand did start as a daily afternoon show, first in Philly and then picked up by ABC. I'm JUST old enough to remember the daily Bandstand before it switched to Saturdays.[/quote]
Come to think of it, I do remember reading that, but for some reason I thought the daily version only aired locally. Didn't know it was national as well.
[/quote]

Started nationally 8/5/57; moved to Saturdays 9/7/63.

(info as per Wiki)