Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Super Six question  (Read 9350 times)

HSquares2003

Pyramid Super Six question
« on: November 16, 2003, 05:44:32 PM »
Since when did they start having the home viewer on the telephone while the contestant and celebrity played the super six for them? Friday's show took me by suprise when the contestant was on the phone with Osmond.

I guess you would have to be home for this to work, kind of like the lifeline on Millionaire.

ChuckNet

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 07:21:50 PM »
Since when did they start having the home viewer on the telephone while the contestant and celebrity played the super six for them? Friday's show took me by suprise when the contestant was on the phone with Osmond.

It's been going on all season, as part of a Super Six home viewer sweepstakes.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 07:26:57 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 07:21 PM\']

It's been going on all season, as part of a Super Six home viewer sweepstakes.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 The Sweepstakes has been going on for most of this season, but the "home player on phone" bit has only aired on this past week's shows so far.

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 10:03:23 PM »
It's happened more than just last week -- I never got to watch any of the Nascar shows, and saw a home contestant get called.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Pyramid80

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 10:05:44 PM »
Friday was the first time that I heard it happen.  I try and watch Pyramid a few times a week.

JTFriends1

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 11:18:11 PM »
Actually, I got called totally out of the blue about 2 weeks ago.  They called me on a Monday night to tell me they'd be taping shows Tuesday and wanted to know my availability for the day.  I told them, and they called me to put me on the air during one of the tapings on Tuesday.  The teams select their categories (aside from the last 2) before taping begins, as they were able to tell me Donny would go to me for the 3rd category in Round 3.  They kept me on hold all through Round 3, and sure enough, Donny and I had a little conversation after the third category was selected.  The prize was a Sony VAIO Laptop which was not won, so I'll receive a lovely parting gift - the Pyramid home game - after the show airs.  No idea when yet though.

-Jay

HYHYBT

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 02:17:08 AM »
The teams select their categories (aside from the last 2) before taping begins

Why on earth do they need to do that?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 03:21:01 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 02:17 AM\']
The teams select their categories (aside from the last 2) before taping begins

Why on earth do they need to do that?[/quote]
Haven't you heard? Spontaneity on a game show is no fun.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

goongas

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 11:55:12 AM »
They select the categories beforehand because they show the celebrities the answers beforehand and want them to think of good clues since there are only 20 seconds on the clock.

uncamark

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2003, 11:57:55 AM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 11:55 AM\']They select the categories beforehand because they show the celebrities the answers beforehand and want them to think of good clues since there are only 20 seconds on the clock.[/quote]
Which now explains the "celebrities are shown material prior to telecast" disclaimer.

One would hope that the veterans turned down that assistance (on the other hand, if the celeb is considering that his/her main job on the show is helping his/her partner win...)

Steve McClellan

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2003, 02:40:51 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 08:55 AM\']They select the categories beforehand because they show the celebrities the answers beforehand and want them to think of good clues since there are only 20 seconds on the clock.[/quote]
That was my thought as well, until I went to a taping. The celebs definitely review WC material, causing two-thirds of the commercial breaks to be extended to 15 minutes in the studio. However, there is no such break before front games, so unless they do a major cram session before their first episode of the day (which is quite unlikely), they have no chance to review the front game material.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2003, 03:06:55 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 12:40 PM\'] However, there is no such break before front games, so unless they do a major cram session before their first episode of the day (which is quite unlikely) [/quote]
 Besides, they CAN"T review front-game material because they don't know for what categories they will be giving and what they will be receiving for until this whole selection process takes place.

Oh, and add that whole "celebrities are shown material prior to telecast" thing to why I can't stand the show. (And also why, along with the applause issue, I would demand a virtual asterisk alongside anyone who might break Crystal's record in the WC...)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2003, 03:31:35 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 02:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 08:55 AM\']They select the categories beforehand because they show the celebrities the answers beforehand and want them to think of good clues since there are only 20 seconds on the clock.[/quote]
That was my thought as well, until I went to a taping. The celebs definitely review WC material, causing two-thirds of the commercial breaks to be extended to 15 minutes in the studio. However, there is no such break before front games, so unless they do a major cram session before their first episode of the day (which is quite unlikely), they have no chance to review the front game material. [/quote]
 I've never noticed that.  That's plain awful.

Brandon Brooks

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2003, 04:11:49 PM »
If only there had been disclaimers in tiny print on a split screen in the 50's..the scandals would have never happened.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2003, 04:55:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 17 2003, 12:06 PM\']Besides, they CAN"T review front-game material because they don't know for what categories they will be giving and what they will be receiving for until this whole selection process takes place.[/quote]
Theoretically, all of those choices could be made not long after the contestants arrive at the studio at 7:00 a.m., giving the celebrities plenty of time before the first taping starts, but I seriously doubt that anything along those lines actually happens.