Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS cancels a few shows  (Read 4658 times)

Jay Temple

CBS cancels a few shows
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »
I'm just glad that Big Bang Theory won't be on opposite anything I care about any more (except baseball).
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

snowpeck

CBS cancels a few shows
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 11:45:40 PM »
CBS is going with a few ballsy moves that may just work out for them.  I can't recall them ever attempting to take on NBC's Thursday night comedies, and the Wednesday night comedy block never seemed to work for them, as many different shows as they tried there.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
CBS cancels a few shows
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'241109\' date=\'May 19 2010, 04:37 PM\']And Survivor goes to Wednesday nights- should do well, the competition is Lie to Me on Fox (which barely got renewed), 2 comedies on ABC (one of them new, and The Middle, which is the weakest show of the 3 returning Wednesday comedies), and Undercovers on NBC (the new JJ Abrams show)[/quote]

I really enjoy The Middle and have no use for the others, especially the critical darling Modern Family. Wasn't Survivor originally on Wednesdays?

I'm sorry to see Christine canceled, even though I've been watching it less.

SteveR

CBS cancels a few shows
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:02 AM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'241109\' date=\'May 19 2010, 05:37 PM\']And Survivor goes to Wednesday nights- should do well, the competition is Lie to Me on Fox (which barely got renewed), 2 comedies on ABC (one of them new, and The Middle, which is the weakest show of the 3 returning Wednesday comedies), and Undercovers on NBC (the new JJ Abrams show)[/quote]
The bigger competition comes in the second Survivor "season" -- the one that starts in February. The second half of the show, including Tribal Council, will be up against the truncated American Idol results show.

/Not sure if CBS affils will freely give up that 9am hour for another GS. They love that slot for local news following Early Show.

tpirfan28

CBS cancels a few shows
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'241327\' date=\'May 24 2010, 09:39 AM\']/Not sure if CBS affils will freely give up that 9am hour for another GS. They love that slot for local news following Early Show.[/quote]
There are a few stations that aired Guiding Light at 9AM, and mine continued airing Deal in that slot.  They used the syndie slot for Dr. Phil at 3PM.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"