Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Season finales 2009-10  (Read 4879 times)

brianhenke

Season finales 2009-10
« on: May 29, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
Does anyone know when the 2009-10 season finales will air? The last episode (for now - still no word if NBC will bring it back for a summer run, as was rumored earlier) of DOND aired yesterday (or early today, since it was relegated to early mornings here). Also, FF has ended for the season but will return in the fall with new host Steve Harvey.

I know (courtesy of Getty Images) that TPIR taped a Daytime Emmys-themed episode with Peter Bergman (of course, you know the TPIR-Y&R connection) and Patrick Duffy that, according to Patrick's website, will air June 25. Since the episode that features a trip to Nashville was pulled due to the devastating floods that struck the city several weeks ago, that episode may be the season finale. Or it may not be the season finale, depending on CBS' decision when to air that episode.

Does anyone know that Wheel will end the season in a couple of weeks, or will the final week be saved for July (as was the case last year?) I don't know when LMAD, WWTBAM or J! will end the seasons (J! most likely in Late July or early August).

Brian
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:16:44 PM by brianhenke »
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

bandit_bobby

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
I know "Wheel's" season will definitely end in June this season- on the 11th, to be exact.

The last first-run "LMAD" episode of its inaugural season will air on August 30th.

The "Jeopardy!" season finale is July 23rd, I do believe.

Steve Gavazzi

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'241665\' date=\'May 29 2010, 06:04 PM\']Since the episode that features a trip to Nashville was pulled due to the devastating floods that struck the city several weeks ago, that episode may be the season finale. Or it may not be the season finale, depending on CBS' decision when to air that episode.[/quote]
It's already been rescheduled for August 31.

[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'241694\' date=\'May 30 2010, 05:34 PM\']The last first-run "LMAD" episode of its inaugural season will air on August 30th.[/quote]
Last first-run, yes, but not really the season finale -- it looks like that's on either May 31 or June 1 (I'm not sure which -- there's something that looks off about what they've written for June 1 on the schedule).  The "new" shows in August are the episodes taped back in the fall that they never aired; in fact, August 2 is the series premiere.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:37:50 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

BrandonFG

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'241706\' date=\'May 31 2010, 01:32 PM\']The "new" shows in August are the episodes taped back in the fall that they never aired; in fact, August 2 is the series premiere.[/quote]
There's something a little disappointing about the first daytime game show in 15 years treating the premiere like it's just another episode. Not that I expect the casual viewer to know that it's been 15 years, but to treat the premiere as an afterthought is a bit annoying. That load of manure about opening with a more exciting episode doesn't cut it with me.

I have the same problem with Drew Carey's first TPiR being treated the same way, while his first TAPED episode didn't air for another month. I mean, Barker's finale had so much fanfare behind it (obviously), but the first new (daytime) host in 35 years, and it's just another day at the office.

Of course, Feud didn't even bother to acknowledge their 10th season, so why should any of this surprise me?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'241709\' date=\'May 31 2010, 01:31 PM\']I have the same problem with Drew Carey's first TPiR being treated the same way, while his first TAPED episode didn't air for another month. I mean, Barker's finale had so much fanfare behind it (obviously), but the first new (daytime) host in 35 years, and it's just another day at the office.[/quote]
Yeah....the fact that they chose to run a "perfect" show as the season premiere rubbed me the wrong way. Watch the openings of the two episodes on Youtube, and there's a big difference between them. I wanted to see the true season premiere, with Drew's first "everything". Not that a perfect show is bad, but I would have preferred to see the true, emotion filled 3-for-6 season premiere instead.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Ian Wallis

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
There's something a little disappointing about the first daytime game show in 15 years treating the premiere like it's just another episode. Not that I expect the casual viewer to know that it's been 15 years, but to treat the premiere as an afterthought is a bit annoying. That load of manure about opening with a more exciting episode doesn't cut it with me.

Agreed.  In the "good old days", pretty well every game show had their episodes aired in the order taped (except maybe the syndicated "checkerboard" shows of the '70s).  I don't see why it can't be that way today.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Steve Gavazzi

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'241709\' date=\'May 31 2010, 02:31 PM\']I have the same problem with Drew Carey's first TPiR being treated the same way, while his first TAPED episode didn't air for another month. I mean, Barker's finale had so much fanfare behind it (obviously), but the first new (daytime) host in 35 years, and it's just another day at the office.[/quote]
In all fairness, his first taped show wasn't the season premiere, either.  The premiere was the second show they ran, with Golden Road on it.

BrandonFG

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 02:40:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'241716\' date=\'May 31 2010, 10:19 PM\']In all fairness, his first taped show wasn't the season premiere, either.  The premiere was the second show they ran, with Golden Road on it.[/quote]
That's what I was going for, but it was probably worded awkwardly. I was trying to say the first ep. Drew taped that summer did not air on 10/15/2007, the S. 36 premiere, and that's what annoyed me.

With all the fuss over Drew becoming the new host, I think it would've been so much more natural to show his first taped episode, warts and all, esp. considering how he said in an interview that the audience's reaction on that first taping brought him to tears.

The fact that LMaD is waiting nearly 10 months to air what should be the debut ep. annoys me even further. If you're a contestant who appeared on that episode, would you really have to wait a whole year to get your prize(s), given the 90-day rule?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:56:23 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »
I was looking at the getty images website and came across this disturbing photo

Photo
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

J.R.

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'241718\' date=\'Jun 1 2010, 08:32 AM\']I was looking at the getty images website and came across this disturbing photo

Photo[/quote]
Watch Drew Carey's best TPIR episode!. Hear about the TPIR survey? One is able to answer that host Drew Carey is Incompetent, Likeable, Distant, Weak, Stupid, Whiny, Phony, A loser, Pathetic, Cold, and Annoying.
Wow. Did Drew Carey burn your house down or run over your pet as a child?
-Joe Raygor

Jimmy Owen

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'241717\' date=\'Jun 1 2010, 02:40 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'241716\' date=\'May 31 2010, 10:19 PM\']In all fairness, his first taped show wasn't the season premiere, either.  The premiere was the second show they ran, with Golden Road on it.[/quote]
That's what I was going for, but it was probably worded awkwardly. I was trying to say the first ep. Drew taped that summer did not air on 10/15/2007, the S. 36 premiere, and that's what annoyed me.

With all the fuss over Drew becoming the new host, I think it would've been so much more natural to show his first taped episode, warts and all, esp. considering how he aid in an interview that the audience's reaction on that first taping brought him to tears.

The fact that LMaD is waiting nearly 10 months to air what should be the debut ep. annoys me even further. If you're a contestant who appeared on that episode, would you really have to wait a whole year to get your prize(s), given the 90-day rule?
[/quote]
Maybe everybody got zonked?  Those expensive DVDs they were giving away in the early shows might be found in the Wal-Mart $5.00 bin by now.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

William A. Padron

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 03:12:12 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'241718\' date=\'Jun 1 2010, 09:32 AM\']I was looking at the getty images website and came across this disturbing photo

Photo[/quote]

Besides that one particular photo, but there are more of them seen on the Getty Images website taken on the Price set from a taping last week on the show.  Now, it is just spoiled as to what will probably be the pricing games and showcase theme to be seen on the episode that is scheduled to air on Friday, June 25, 2010.
[Take The "A" Train]

DrBear

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'241718\' date=\'Jun 1 2010, 08:32 AM\']I was looking at the getty images website and came across this disturbing photo

Photo[/quote]

I see a Fark photoshop contest coming on this one...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'241729\' date=\'Jun 1 2010, 11:44 AM\']Wow. Did Drew Carey burn your house down or run over your pet as a child?[/quote]
Gotta tell you, Joe, while I understand where you're coming from, getting up in arms every time anyone at all slams Carey kinda weakens your case. Just saying.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

Season finales 2009-10
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
Not to go too far off topic here, but...

Morris the Cat on TPIR?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS