Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Fast Money incident  (Read 3133 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Family Feud Fast Money incident
« on: June 05, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »
I have a vague recollection of seeing a rather strange clip on YouTube once of Dawson-era Feud. In it, the Fast Money round was played on cue cards, presumably because the digital readout was broken that day. Am I just making this up, or did this actually happen at one point?
Bobby Peacock

Stevek83

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'241966\' date=\'Jun 5 2010, 05:43 PM\']I have a vague recollection of seeing a rather strange clip on YouTube once of Dawson-era Feud. In it, the Fast Money round was played on cue cards, presumably because the digital readout was broken that day. Am I just making this up, or did this actually happen at one point?[/quote]

I've seen the episode on gsn several years ago. It was around Christmas time and Dawson explained that the big board wasn't working.

It made the Feud 25 moments, which you can find on YouTube, if not the actual episode.

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Stevek83\' post=\'241989\' date=\'Jun 6 2010, 12:57 PM\']It made the Feud 25 moments[/quote]
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »
I hope this isn't hijacking the thread, but there's another Fast Money "incident" I'm wondering if it actually happened.

Combs era. First person does exceptionally well and ended up with something like 189 points with everyone excited and confident they got it in the bag... only for the next person to choke big time and can only muster 6 or 7. I can somewhat form an image of the family's horrified/disappointed looks on their faces and Combs making some friendly jabs at the failure to reach 200.

Did something like this actually occur or is this just wild imagination?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:21:58 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'241996\' date=\'Jun 6 2010, 03:20 PM\']I hope this isn't hijacking the thread, but there's another Fast Money "incident" I'm wondering if it actually happened.

Combs era. First person does exceptionally well and ended up with something like 189 points with everyone excited and confident they got it in the bag... only for the next person to choke big time and can only muster 6 or 7. I can somewhat form an image of the family's horrified/disappointed looks on their faces and Combs making some friendly jabs at the failure to reach 200.

Did something like this actually occur or is this just wild imagination?[/quote]

I seem to recall two different situations that come close to that. One was this Fast Money; the first person got 181, and the second contestant only managed to nickel-and-dime his way to 197 after the fourth question. Luckily, his fifth answer was worth 21 points.

Another time in the Combs era, I recall a round that looked like it was in the bag; all nine answers so far were worth decent points, and it came to the last question. Then their last answer (if I remember correctly, it was "name a color of shoes" and the contestant said "brown") was worth two points.
Bobby Peacock

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »
I remember one incident from the early '80s where the first contestant got 199 points.  The second contestant had to get all the way down to the fourth answer before finally getting the last point.

I don't recall seeing this on GSN but remember it from the original run.  I'd love to see this one again though!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!