Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New "Pyramid" Pilot Tape Date Now Set...  (Read 56828 times)

Jeremy Nelson

New "Pyramid" Pilot Tape Date Now Set...
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'243022\' date=\'Jun 24 2010, 09:09 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'243021\' date=\'Jun 24 2010, 08:54 PM\']That Boy Scout training comes in handy.[/quote]

You think she has a fly fishing badge?

[/quote]
Well played sir. Well played...she may be taking this opportunity to earn her Elderly Assistance badge. (zing!)

On another note.....
My head hurts from this thread (specifically, the latter part). Dan, please stop digging....for your sake and my sanity. I'm sick and tired of running into threads that end up like this because you just don't know when to stop throwing gasoline on your already charred corpse.

As for the other side of things, how far does it have to go before you just roll your eyes and hit the ignore button? You're giving him a reason to react and retaliate mindlessly. He's not going to go away.

/Just saying.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:40:20 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Fedya

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »
Isn't that what the "Manage Ignored Users" is for?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »
At the very least, the "pants on the ground" meme seems to have been revived thanks to this thread, so that's good for something, right?

I wonder how the show will be blocked out. Will they just go with 6 segments or will there be some sort of weird place to stop?
This signature is currently under construction.

Phil V

« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2010, 12:34:41 AM »
Sigh...

Any word on how a jackpot tournament is going to work with the new show, if there is indeed going to be one?

And as much as I want to see the new show play exactly like the 80s version (no "one loss and out" situation), having a Clark-esque Pyramid is better than no Pyramid at all.  I'll still apply, even if I have to fly cross-country to LA to play.

/At 22, I should have the strength to stand for ten minutes at a time.  But if I have to describe the word "sit" in the main game, God help the producers... =D
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

Jay Temple

« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'243035\' date=\'Jun 24 2010, 11:33 PM\']I wonder how the show will be blocked out. Will they just go with 6 segments or will there be some sort of weird place to stop?[/quote]
I hadn't thought about that. I know Donnymid went straight from the second WC to the good-byes, while the 1982-88 shows took a break in between. They could also have a contestant info segment sandwiched in there, like J! used to do before FJ.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Casey Buck

« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2010, 02:12:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'243035\' date=\'Jun 24 2010, 09:33 PM\']I wonder how the show will be blocked out. Will they just go with 6 segments or will there be some sort of weird place to stop?[/quote]

With the time saved by doing 3 games in an hour, they'll hopefully do 7 segments:

*Opening/Game 1
*Winner's Circle 1
*Game 2
*Winner's Circle 2
*Game 3
*Winner's Circle 3
*Goodbye/Credits

TPiR has 9 segments (they used to have 10 until they recently started playing the first 2 pricing games back-to-back); I'm not sure how many LMAD has.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:13:32 AM by Casey Buck »

NickS

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'243044\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 01:12 AM\']TPiR has 9 segments (they used to have 10 until they recently started playing the first 2 pricing games back-to-back); I'm not sure how many LMAD has.[/quote]

From what I can tell from timings, Casey, looks like eight.  ATWT currently has six true segments (there's a bumper between their third pod and the local midbreak).

In other words, yes, your idea could work.

Unrealtor

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243006\' date=\'Jun 24 2010, 07:53 PM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'243005\' date=\'Jun 24 2010, 07:44 PM\']Who knew if LeVar Burton or Teresa Ganzel would have been such stellar mainstays after their first week? The good players will be invited back, the lunkheads won't.[/quote]
I'm not against them bringing back good celeb players from back in the day who still may have some sort of social recognition: LeVar Burton, Vicki Lawrence.....that's all I got...can anybody else think of celebs who may fit the mold? Outside of the Pyramid blitzkrieg, I dunno how good a player Billy Crystal was, and I remember Letterman being a celeb player, but don't know how good he was either.
[/quote]

Betty White and Rita Moreno are the only two off the top of my head that aren't already mentioned.

I bet that if you went through Donnymid, you could find a few decent players who haven't totally been forgotten. Who knows... Donny himself may be decent after watching so much Pyramid being played, much the same way Dick Clark was a pretty good player when he appeared on Bill Cullen's version. (Actually, I'd include Dick on the list of still-relevant players if not for his speech problems since the stroke.)

/Shatner
//Never mind, you said good celebrities
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

BrandonFG

« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Unrealtor\' post=\'243052\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 10:38 AM\']I bet that if you went through Donnymid, you could find a few decent players who haven't totally been forgotten. Who knows... Donny himself may be decent after watching so much Pyramid being played, much the same way Dick Clark was a pretty good player when he appeared on Bill Cullen's version. (Actually, I'd include Dick on the list of still-relevant players if not for his speech problems since the stroke.)[/quote]
I honestly would love to see a CBS hosts showdown, with Drew and Wayne or Jeff Probst and Julie Chen* playing against one another. Only thing is, the TPiR/LMaD crossovers worked because of Fremantle...dunno if the network would take a higher priority over the production company involved.

*If she's not too peeved over her talk show not working out. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jay Temple

« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243057\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 01:20 PM\']I honestly would love to see a CBS hosts showdown, with Drew and Wayne or Jeff Probst and Julie Chen playing against one another. Only thing is, the TPiR/LMaD crossovers worked because of Fremantle...dunno if the network would take a higher priority over the production company involved.[/quote]
Are you asking whether Fremantle would balk over its hosts appearing? I suspect they'd be happy for the cross-promotion.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'243059\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 03:32 PM\']Are you asking whether Fremantle would balk over its hosts appearing? I suspect they'd be happy for the cross-promotion.[/quote]
Yep, that's where I was going with it, but like you said, they most likely would enjoy the promotion, esp. since it's for their daytime shows.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SteveR

« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243057\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 02:20 PM\']I honestly would love to see a CBS hosts showdown, with Drew and Wayne or Jeff Probst and Julie Chen* playing against one another. Only thing is, the TPiR/LMaD crossovers worked because of Fremantle...dunno if the network would take a higher priority over the production company involved.[/quote]
Keoghan would trounce 'em all! :D

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'243065\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 08:44 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243057\' date=\'Jun 25 2010, 02:20 PM\']I honestly would love to see a CBS hosts showdown, with Drew and Wayne or Jeff Probst and Julie Chen* playing against one another. Only thing is, the TPiR/LMaD crossovers worked because of Fremantle...dunno if the network would take a higher priority over the production company involved.[/quote]
Keoghan would trounce 'em all! :D[/quote]
The person on the far left would like to have a talk with you.

chad1m

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »
Hollywood Junket has updated their post, making it seem like all three of the celebrities (Mo Rocca, Aisha Tyler and Betty White) played very well. The biggest edit they made is a pretty big thing they should've noted in the first place, called the Double Down. After the first two rounds, the trailing contestant gets the option to make each correct answer worth two points but, at the same time, somehow the difficulty of the round is ramped up. The opponents can then decide if they too wish to Double Down.

This is.. uh.. special?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:08:49 AM by chad1m »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »
Well, I don't mind it.  It'd make the 14-10's of the world a little more interesting, it varies what can sometimes be a dry frontgame, and there's actual risk to it.

If this were 100k back in the 80's, I'd be all for it.
This signature is currently under construction.