Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New "Pyramid" Pilot Tape Date Now Set...  (Read 56917 times)

BrandonFG

New "Pyramid" Pilot Tape Date Now Set...
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'242403\' date=\'Jun 13 2010, 10:43 AM\']/Shouldn't admit to this but I use Arial on every assignment and test I give my students.
//Hi Brandon, ol' buddy, ol' pal.[/quote]
Hello there friend. :-)

Arial is fine for assignments, flyers for the Band Bake Sale, etc.

On a national game show? Not as much.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 11:02:06 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'242405\' date=\'Jun 13 2010, 10:50 AM\']Arial is fine for assignments, flyers for the Band Bake Sale, etc.

On a national game show? Not as much.[/quote]
See, I never really understood why that's such a Bad Thing.  This may be answering my own question, but I remember being one of the people who called out Feud for using Times New Roman, but that's because it didn't seem to jibe with the rest of the set.
This signature is currently under construction.

TimK2003

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Game Show\' post=\'242350\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 10:57 AM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'242335\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 07:56 AM\']I just need someone to tell me how to get tickets....[/quote]

Pyramid is taping Next Tuesday 6/22 and Wednesday 6/23. Not at Television City. It's in Culver City, and they are paying the audience. I never understood paying an audience, and I think it's pathetic.... but I guess they have to do whatever they can to fill an audience these days. Very sad.
[/quote]

So depending on which D-list celeb you're paired with, an audience member might potentially make more money than the contestant!

And as far as the ultimate $25,000 vs. $1M prefixing of the show, I personally would like to see it as the $25,000 Pyramid, since that's what the majority of the contestants will ever have a shot at.  (The Joker's Wild" never had to name itself "The $100,000 Joker's Wild" to be successful in it's syndicated run). Leave the $1M title to the special "Million Dollar Tournament" that could be held quarterly, semi-annually, annually, etc...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:54:58 AM by TimK2003 »

NickS

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 11:53:51 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'242405\' date=\'Jun 13 2010, 09:50 AM\']Arial is fine for assignments, flyers for the Band Bake Sale, etc.

Agreed, but I'd like to bring up the role of font licensing here, Brandon.  I'm not saying it'd be a budget killer, but my guess is that a show's still going to have to pay up for a font that's not originally on the chyron system itself.  Sucks but I'll take a guess as part of the reason why.

/would have rather used Comic Sans or Impact
//If they want to go old-school Pyramid, use Clarendon kthxbye
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:54:17 AM by TeppanYaki »

BrandonFG

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'242409\' date=\'Jun 13 2010, 11:53 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'242405\' date=\'Jun 13 2010, 09:50 AM\']Arial is fine for assignments, flyers for the Band Bake Sale, etc.

Agreed, but I'd like to bring up the role of font licensing here, Brandon.  I'm not saying it'd be a budget killer, but my guess is that a show's still going to have to pay up for a font that's not originally on the chyron system itself.  Sucks but I'll take a guess as part of the reason why.
[/quote]
That could be a problem. Duly noted. :-)

And that list of 7 "qualifications", plus the thread from '05 made my head hurt.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'242383\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 09:25 PM\']$25,000 is still pretty big money.  That's a good reward for a daytime show.  Hope it makes it to the fall sked.[/quote]You sir, do you have a newsletter to which I could subscribe?

[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'242388\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 10:55 PM\']Please don't bring this up again.[/quote]I bet when you quit saying stupid {stuff}, that people will quit referring to your previous stupid {stuff}.
Travis L. Eberle

rugrats1

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'242390\' date=\'Jun 13 2010, 01:57 AM\'][quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'242384\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 11:38 PM\']4) Have a "sob story" to tug at heartstrings (the original Strike It Rich was blasted for doing this)[/quote]
Queen for a Day.
[/quote]

The primetime NBC "Deal or No Deal" was known to attract alot of charity cases as well -- one of the reasons why I stopped watching that program.

William A. Padron

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 10:24:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'242373\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 08:15 PM\'][Didn't somebody say that ABC was thinking about extending Pyramid to an hour around 1975-76, but instead did Let's Make A Deal (which bombed so badly that the show ended up gone)?[/quote]

While I am not totally sure about that particular proposal (it may or may not be related though), I recall reading in some New York newspaper story circa 1977 that ABC-TV was trying to persuade executive producer Bob Stewart to move his production of The $20,000 Pyramid out of New York and to Los Angeles.  Maybe ABC-TV could have thought of now having the show done in a different studio location, like their owned Vine Street Theater (TV-10).  I remember seeing a poster for the program (as well as the rest of the daytime schedule's shows including Family Feud and Hot Seat) right outside that building while I was on a summer vacation there in 1976.

One reason that I read into the story was that the network was hoping that the show would then get better celebrity match-ups (including new stars to play the game), rather than the usual pool that Stewart was relying on.  Stewart's response to the network, as said in the story at the time I recalled reading, that as long he was running Pyramid, the show would stay in New York.  Now, of course, he slowly changed his mind when he opened his Los Angeles branch around late 1977, and while he would now make shows and pilots in California, Pyramid stayed in production in New York (with the last version as the $50KP edition) until the spring of 1981.
[Take The "A" Train]

chad1m

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
So did any of our own get a spot on the pilot or book a ticket for the audience? There's two sessions being taped tomorrow.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
[quote name=\'William A. Padron\' post=\'242455\' date=\'Jun 14 2010, 10:24 AM\'][quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'242373\' date=\'Jun 12 2010, 08:15 PM\'][Didn't somebody say that ABC was thinking about extending Pyramid to an hour around 1975-76, but instead did Let's Make A Deal (which bombed so badly that the show ended up gone)?[/quote]

While I am not totally sure about that particular proposal (it may or may not be related though), I recall reading in some New York newspaper story circa 1977 that ABC-TV was trying to persuade executive producer Bob Stewart to move his production of The $20,000 Pyramid out of New York and to Los Angeles.  Maybe ABC-TV could have thought of now having the show done in a different studio location, like their owned Vine Street Theater (TV-10).  I remember seeing a poster for the program (as well as the rest of the daytime schedule's shows including Family Feud and Hot Seat) right outside that building while I was on a summer vacation there in 1976.

One reason that I read into the story was that the network was hoping that the show would then get better celebrity match-ups (including new stars to play the game), rather than the usual pool that Stewart was relying on.  Stewart's response to the network, as said in the story at the time I recalled reading, that as long he was running Pyramid, the show would stay in New York.  Now, of course, he slowly changed his mind when he opened his Los Angeles branch around late 1977, and while he would now make shows and pilots in California, Pyramid stayed in production in New York (with the last version as the $50KP edition) until the spring of 1981.
[/quote]
What's interesting is that when he did move west, for such shows as Love Experts and NBC Chain Reaction, it was pretty much the same stable of celebs that he had in NYC.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'242828\' date=\'Jun 22 2010, 02:57 PM\']What's interesting is that when he did move west, for such shows as Love Experts and NBC Chain Reaction, it was pretty much the same stable of celebs that he had in NYC.[/quote]
I wonder if that led to his decision to move Pyramid to L.A. when it went to CBS? It seems that most of the celebs were already doing their shows in L.A., which probably made for a much easier schedule...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:20:22 PM by fostergray82 »

Mr. Game Show

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'242824\' date=\'Jun 22 2010, 02:12 PM\']So did any of our own get a spot on the pilot or book a ticket for the audience? There's two sessions being taped tomorrow.[/quote]

Im also curious if anyone from the boards will be at either of the 2 tapings tomorrow. I noticed it said each taping will be roughly 2 hours, so it seems that Embassy Row will continue the current trend of highly edited productions, which seems to be the norm these days. I wonder what Bob Stewart would have to say about that.

What Im mainly interested in, (as I am sure most of us are) is if tomorrow's Pilots will hold true to Pyramid's original format, and last Year's NYC Based Pilots.... or will it be a different format. I truly hope it will be the former.

Let's hope Embassy Row and Andy Richter can deliver a solid Pilot, and we finally get to see the return of Pyramid on CBS this Fall. Im disappointed that (barring another host change) its unlikly that Pyramid will be NYC based if it goes to series, but LA based Pyramid is better than no Pyramid at all :)

tpirfan28

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
I personally hope they got rid of that whole audiences-down-the-sides thing they attempted with the '09 pilots.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

J.R.

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 06:52:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'242836\' date=\'Jun 22 2010, 05:47 PM\']I personally hope they got rid of that whole audiences-down-the-sides thing they attempted with the '09 pilots.[/quote]
If the show ends up with something close to the classic format, I think that's something I could get over.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:51:28 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

NickS

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'242837\' date=\'Jun 22 2010, 05:52 PM\'][quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'242836\' date=\'Jun 22 2010, 05:47 PM\']I personally hope they got rid of that whole audiences-down-the-sides thing they attempted with the '09 pilots.[/quote]
If it show ends up with something close to the classic format, I think that's something I could get over.
[/quote]

One Patrick Wayne "YOU WIN!" for you.

I'll put the over/under on clenching of buttcheeks on here about the show before it goes to air at 10.  I'll take the over.