Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ludia's Hollywood Squares  (Read 8569 times)

Jumpondees

Ludia's Hollywood Squares
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'241984\' date=\'Jun 6 2010, 12:09 AM\'][quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'241975\' date=\'Jun 5 2010, 07:05 PM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'239255\' date=\'Apr 11 2010, 06:05 PM\']It'd be nice if they could actually get Tom Bergeron to do the game's voice work.[/quote]Your wish is his command. Tom confirmed on Facebook that he'll be doing voiceovers for the game this week.
[/quote]
[mrburns] excellent. [/mrburns]

Good start, Ludia. We know you can make it look pretty, but just stick to the blueprint this time. You might actually get me to buy one of your games now.
[/quote]

Now this begs the question for those of us in the "Nintendo" generation...Taking the "generation gap" of graphics and music out of the variable, who do you think has done a better job with video games based on game shows as far as "fun to play" and replay factor...Ludia or GameTek?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'242038\' date=\'Jun 7 2010, 10:08 AM\']Now this begs the question for those of us in the "Nintendo" generation...[/quote]
Get the hell off my lawn. :)

/isn't this like asking who the better Password player is, between William Shatner and Rachael Ray?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'242038\' date=\'Jun 7 2010, 12:08 PM\']Now this begs the question for those of us in the "Nintendo" generation...Taking the "generation gap" of graphics and music out of the variable, who do you think has done a better job with video games based on game shows as far as "fun to play" and replay factor...Ludia or GameTek?[/quote]
Gametek, only because their efforts don't seem lazy. But nonetheless, I don't know how hard it was to create chiptunes back in the day, but for the most part, those theme songs were right on point. In Hollywood Squares' case, I think they got ALL of the music pretty spot on.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:17:35 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Loogaroo

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
All I have to say about this is:

Let's hope it's good.
Let's hope it's good.
Let's hope it's good.
Let's hope it's good.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

ten96lt

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 02:26:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'242060\' date=\'Jun 7 2010, 06:56 PM\']All I have to say about this is:

Let's hope it's good.
Let's hope it's good.
Let's hope it's good.
Let's hope it's good.[/quote]
No Whammies, No Whammies, No Whammies, No Whammies anddddddddddddddddd STOP!

LocalH

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 11:45:45 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'242041\' date=\'Jun 7 2010, 02:09 PM\']Gametek, only because their efforts don't seem lazy. But nonetheless, I don't know how hard it was to create chiptunes back in the day, but for the most part, those theme songs were right on point. In Hollywood Squares' case, I think they got ALL of the music pretty spot on.[/quote]
That's because many of Gametek's NES game show games were developed by Rare, who were the gods of the NES. Here is a full list of Rare-developed games. Rare also coded the NES versions of Wheel of Fortune (except the 1991-released WoF featuring Vanna White), Jeopardy, and Double Dare.

I agree. Anyone else besides me remember the old 8-bit and DOS days when ShareData was the big name in computer game show games? I've still got an original disk-only copy of Wheel of Fortune for the Commodore 64 sitting around here. Good stuff.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:46:06 PM by LocalH »
Scott Jones

Long-time Game Show Fan

Former Newscast Director

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:05 AM »
[quote name=\'LocalH\' post=\'242707\' date=\'Jun 17 2010, 11:45 PM\']I agree. Anyone else besides me remember the old 8-bit and DOS days when ShareData was the big name in computer game show games? I've still got an original disk-only copy of Wheel of Fortune for the Commodore 64 sitting around here. Good stuff.[/quote]
Remember them very well...somewhere in storage is my old C64 and all the game show games...Wheel, J!, Feud, Win Lose or Draw. I spent many hours as a kid playing those games. :-)

/And yet still went outside for fresh air
//And didn't turn out obese!
///Just a little "husky"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 03:52:27 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'242712\' date=\'Jun 18 2010, 01:05 AM\'][quote name=\'LocalH\' post=\'242707\' date=\'Jun 17 2010, 11:45 PM\']I agree. Anyone else besides me remember the old 8-bit and DOS days when ShareData was the big name in computer game show games? I've still got an original disk-only copy of Wheel of Fortune for the Commodore 64 sitting around here. Good stuff.[/quote]
Remember them very well...somewhere in storage is my old C64 and all the game show games...Wheel, J!, Feud, Win Lose or Draw. I spent many hours as a kid playing those games. :-)

/And yet still went outside for fresh air
//And didn't turn out obese!
///Just a little "husky"
[/quote]

Me too.  In addition to Wheel, I also had Card Sharks & Family Feud for the C64 back in the late 80's before they got dumped in the early 1990s.  Fun stuff that Commodore was.

LetsGoMets2003

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
I hope that when it comes out, two words you won't see in our reviews will be

"YOU FOOL!"

Bergeron on board is a good sign.

LocalH

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 05:14:59 AM »
Maybe, but Ludia's track record on conversions of game shows is, shall we say, less than stellar.

If I ever hit the lottery, I'm forming a company and hiring the following:

1) Top programmers and graphic artists
2) Top members of the game show scene

Fat chance of that happening, I know, but one can dream.
Scott Jones

Long-time Game Show Fan

Former Newscast Director

JMFabiano

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' post=\'239295\' date=\'Apr 12 2010, 12:08 PM\'][quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'239294\' date=\'Apr 12 2010, 11:13 AM\']When people talk about the failure of the MGHSH, Jon Bauman's name is often one of the first reasons cited.  But I'd argue that Mark Goodson pretty much missing the point of HS with his alterations to the format ranks right up there as one of the biggest problems.[/quote]

You mean the fact that Mr. Goodson hated humor in his games? (which is one of the strongest parts of HS)

(I also cite Bauman as part of the failure....one of the worst hosts I've ever seen.)
[/quote]

I don't think Bauman was THAT bad...but that could be because of:

A) My own nostalgia for MG/HS
B) Having seen some of the hosts we've been graced with since that time, and especially many of the ones from the nineties and noughties.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:36:10 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.