Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Super Six question  (Read 9338 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Super Six question
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2003, 11:04:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 08:49 PM\'] Since the celebs are already being briefed, what would be the harm in the writers actually providing clues to the celebs which they could read off their laptop during the main game?  The contestants would compete to recognize the answers in the shortest amount of time.  It would sorta be like "Jackpot!" with a time limit.  This would cut down on the pre-briefing time and there would never be a bad clue given by the celebs. [/quote]
 This isn't a bad idea. As long as they're bastardizing a classic game show format, they might as well go full-out.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2003, 11:20:04 PM »
For what it's worth, speaking of Enright earlier, he once mentioned he found it frustrating doing games with celebrities because most of them were dumber than bricks when it came to anything beyond the realm of show business. He did mention two he admired - Nipsey Russell, and one he stated was the only one he often found reading a book instead of Variety or The Hollywood Reporter between tapings, Orson Bean. Remember Celebrity Bullseye? It was so painful listening to all the celebs getting multiple choice questions. There are smart celebrities out there...they probably don't have the sexiness to attract viewers.

Gromit

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2003, 02:20:12 AM »
I guess I'm just weird, but I don't watch the show for the celebrities. I could care less who they have on the show that day. In fact, I'd watch if it was four contestants, and no celebs at all.

zachhoran

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2003, 08:06:43 AM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:20 PM\'] Remember Celebrity Bullseye? It was so painful listening to all the celebs getting multiple choice questions. There are smart celebrities out there...they probably don't have the sexiness to attract viewers. [/quote]
 Multiple choice questions were used when TTD had celeb weeks too, not to mention when they had divorced couples week. I'm wondering when Celeb J! might go to all multiple choice questions :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2003, 11:21:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 12:20 AM\'] I guess I'm just weird, but I don't watch the show for the celebrities. [/quote]
 When it's a GOOD game show, I don't care who's on, so long as they can play the game.

In Pyramid's case, I lifted my self-imposed boycott for a day to watch Penn Jillette, 'cuz I'm a big Penn & Teller fan. So there are instances when a celebrity who interests me will cause me to watch a game show I wouldn't normally.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2003, 12:00:14 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 07:06 AM\'] I'm wondering when Celeb J! might go to all multiple choice questions :) [/quote]
 I hope no one in a position to do anything read your post or Jimmy Owen's.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

zachhoran

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2003, 12:42:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 12:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 07:06 AM\'] I'm wondering when Celeb J! might go to all multiple choice questions :) [/quote]
I hope no one in a position to do anything read your post or Jimmy Owen's. [/quote]
 James and I probably gave them ideas. They might well take a cue from Pyramid and allow the celebs to know the categories used before the gameplay begins.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2003, 12:49:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 12:00 PM\']
I hope no one in a position to do anything read your post or Jimmy Owen's. [/quote]
 Well, if they do, and they implement the proposed change, I'm gonna lobby for a executive producer credit :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

pyrfan

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2003, 02:07:43 PM »
All this talk about the briefing of the celebs as to the material in the winner's circle begs an obvious question: What do they do when the contestant chooses to give the clues?

I might add that we're about two months into the season and I haven't seen one contestant give the clues yet.

Brendan

Steve McClellan

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2003, 02:13:26 PM »
When the contestants elect to give the clues (which will happen at least twice this season), there are no pre-WC briefings, and they go straight there and do it. So, the choice the contestant has is receiving clues from a briefed celeb, or giving them to a clueless star.

Jay Temple

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2003, 03:37:08 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 01:13 PM\'] When the contestants elect to give the clues (which will happen at least twice this season), there are no pre-WC briefings, and they go straight there and do it. So, the choice the contestant has is receiving clues from a briefed celeb, or giving them to a clueless star. [/quote]
 Thanks for the tip.  (And no, I don't think a spoiler was necessary since you gave no indication of when.)  I was afraid no one would choose it and they'd take the option away.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

PyramidStephen

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2003, 09:32:22 PM »
Four contestants have given in the Winner's Circle this season. The shows have not aired yet.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2003, 12:45:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 10:49 PM\']Since the celebs are already being briefed, what would be the harm in the writers actually providing clues to the celebs which they could read off their laptop during the main game?  The contestants would compete to recognize the answers in the shortest amount of time.  It would sorta be like "Jackpot!" with a time limit.  This would cut down on the pre-briefing time and there would never be a bad clue given by the celebs.[/quote]
"Hello, everybody, and welcome to Pyramid! Before the show, it was determined that Celebrity A had much better clues for his categories than did Celebrity B. However, Celebrity A was completely unfamiliar with one of the Winner's Circle categories during the pre-game screening. So, Jane, we'd like to congratulate you on winning $1400. We'll see you next time, right here on Pyramid!"

(29 minutes of commercials follow)

. . .

Jeeeezus. This almost makes me disgusted to have enjoyed some of the Pyramids I watched last season.

[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\']When the contestants elect to give the clues (which will happen at least twice this season), there are no pre-WC briefings, and they go straight there and do it. So, the choice the contestant has is receiving clues from a briefed celeb, or giving them to a clueless star.[/quote]

And I hadn't even read this yet when I started my reply.

We have so many arguments about whether or not reality shows are game shows--any chance we could get a ruling on whether or not unreality shows are game shows?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin