Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heatter-Quigley's Temptation  (Read 1290 times)

alfonzos

Heatter-Quigley's Temptation
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
Three contestants are shown three prizes. Each secretly chooses a prize. A contestant wins the prize selected as long as she was alone in her selection. Round two varied because after given a hint how the bidding went each contestant could change her selection. Round three gave all three prizes to the one contestant who didn't match the other two.

Correction: There are three phases but five rounds. Phase one has two rounds. Phase two with the hint has two rounds. Phase three is the final round.

How about this variant for round two? After being told which, if any, players chose the same prize (but not which prize) a fourth prize is revealed. The contestants then lock in their selections and are stuck with the final results.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:33:22 PM by alfonzos »
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 06:22:47 PM »
I've said it before on these boards, but I really like this show (there are currently three episodes on the trade curcuit).  I think a modern version of this show could work well today.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »
There is a kernel of a game there but I think there needs to be more strategy and less guesswork.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:38:37 PM by chris319 »