Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Makes Me Feel Old...  (Read 6599 times)

NickS

This Makes Me Feel Old...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243666\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 02:46 AM\']I do not nominate articles for deletion -- heck, I barely use Wikipedia anymore for anything.[/quote]

Wait, what?

[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243649\' date=\'Jul 4 2010, 10:03 PM\']And feel free to correct me if this is wrong, but Wikipedia claims Money Maze was the first daytime game show to be rerun on its network of origin.[/quote]

Oh wait - there's more:
[quote name=\'wikipedia.com\']Revision as of 21:50, 28 May 2010 (edit)[/quote]

EDIT:  There's even more (and this alludes partially to Travis' point): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr...Daniel_Benfield

Barely use it anymore?  Bullshit.

There's something else I've noticed:
[quote name=\'Dan88\']#1) This post is 100% MY OPINION. If I happen to be wrong in any way, please be civil and not bite my head off. Thanks. :-)[/quote]

When you're posting something that's factual, that's not an opinion, Norman, you're basing something on what you think is factual.  For the latter part, you've lost that privilege IMO because you don't fricking listen.

I'm surprised that Jay Wolpert hasn't called you yet on doing a remake for Whew! because most of your statements have to be corrected in some form or fashion on here.

ObOP: Makes me feel old and it's trying to make me remember what the first game show I saw.  I bet it was probably some incarnation of Pyramid or Hollywood Squares.  I have a pic laying around from around '76 or so with HS on the set in the background.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:42:15 AM by TeppanYaki »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
35 years since that crazy summer.  I was still a pre-teen then but remember it quite well.  All three networks changed their schedules within weeks of each other.  Game shows came and went like never before.  It seems that every few weeks TVGuide had another "last show of the series" listing.  It's a brand new day...

Yeah...I guess time flies.  It seems to go faster when you get older :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »
35 years ago, I was -10 and my then-future parents were three years(?) removed from college.
This signature is currently under construction.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'243679\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 09:37 AM\'][quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243666\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 02:46 AM\']I do not nominate articles for deletion -- heck, I barely use Wikipedia anymore for anything.[/quote]Wait, what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr...Daniel_Benfield

Barely use it anymore? Bullshit.[/quote]
I used to edit articles there every day, and quite frequently. I definitely don't use Wikipedia as much as I used to, unless I'm trying to date an episode of Law & Order I found on a tape.

[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'243686\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 12:38 PM\']35 years since that crazy summer. I was still a pre-teen then but remember it quite well. All three networks changed their schedules within weeks of each other. Game shows came and went like never before. It seems that every few weeks TVGuide had another "last show of the series" listing. It's a brand new day...[/quote]
Something like...what, 40 game shows on the air at some point during that year? 1975 was definitely the Year of the Game Show.

/and now I've got that stupid Ross commercial jingle in my head. AUGH!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:15:19 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

NickS

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243697\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 02:11 PM\']I used to edit articles there every day, and quite frequently. I definitely don't use Wikipedia as much as I used to, unless I'm trying to date an episode of Law & Order I found on a tape.[/quote]

You said "barely."

And when you "barely" make edits on there, you get your mistakes pointed out there, too.

So which is it?  "Definitely don't use it (every waking moment) as I used to" or "barely?"

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'243698\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 03:39 PM\']So which is it? "Definitely don't use it (every waking moment) as I used to" or "barely?"[/quote]
"Definitely don't use it (every waking moment) as I used to".
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

NickS

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243699\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 03:10 PM\'][quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'243698\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 03:39 PM\']So which is it? "Definitely don't use it (every waking moment) as I used to" or "barely?"[/quote]
"Definitely don't use it (every waking moment) as I used to".
[/quote]

Ok, so how do you defend using "barely," then, because you could fit the contestants of a first episode of The Biggest Loser between that gap.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243649\' date=\'Jul 4 2010, 08:03 PM\']And feel free to correct me if this is wrong, but Wikipedia claims[/quote]Whenever you whip out "Wikipedia claims," I run a little Greasemonkey script in my head that replaces it with "some dipstick posted online that" and "I didn't do any more research than to see what some dipstick online said."

Make of that what you will. Make of that, darn it!
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 08:29:18 PM »
I will make of it that Benfield has just become the first person I've ever put on my ignore list here. There's just only so much incompetence I can take in a day and living daily life already gives me my daily dose; I don't need it doubled when I come here. I tried to help and be nice but it feel on deaf, backpedaling ears just like everything else.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:45:47 PM by chad1m »

Jay Temple

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 01:33:39 AM »
... and the second person on mine.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 02:26:44 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'243724\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 04:26 PM\'][quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243649\' date=\'Jul 4 2010, 08:03 PM\']And feel free to correct me if this is wrong, but Wikipedia claims[/quote]Whenever you whip out "Wikipedia claims," I run a little Greasemonkey script in my head that replaces it with "some dipstick posted online that" and "I didn't do any more research than to see what some dipstick online said."[/quote]
He also seems to have decided that "Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong" gives him carte blanche to speak totally ex-rectum.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'243728\' date=\'Jul 5 2010, 08:29 PM\']There's just only so much incompetence I can take in a day and living daily life already gives me my daily dose; I don't need it doubled when I come here.[/quote]
Heh. Wait until you start working 40 hours a week. ;-)

Seriously, Dan, a lot of us here, myself included, have tried to school you, and it's all been in vain. I dunno what else to tell you; no matter how hard you try not to irk others, you still do at times.

Honestly, you're trying TOO hard. You don't have to be the be all the end all of game shows*. You're in the company of those who know game shows like the back of their own hands, and some of whom have appeared and/or worked ON game shows before you were even born. I don't think they need to be taken to school, if yew catch my drift..........

Back to the topic for a minute, to make some of you feel REALLY old, this was still 7 1/2 years before I was even born. Thank you, goodnight, and I'll be glad to get the hell off your respective lawns. XD
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:54:25 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243749\' date=\'Jul 6 2010, 02:54 AM\']Back to the topic for a minute, to make some of you feel REALLY old, this was still 7 1/2 years before I was even born. Thank you, goodnight, and I'll be glad to get the hell off your respective lawns. XD[/quote]
Hey, kid, get the hell off....oh, OK.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Tim L

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
I remember watching the Big Showdown anbd liking it when it was on,,I think it may have replaced the original Dating Game..

Re:Wikipedia..i've made a few (very few) corrections and added things that I thought would make an article more complete, but I hardly ever go back to see if what I did was taken out..No biggie to me if it is..

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' post=\'243767\' date=\'Jul 6 2010, 12:31 PM\']I remember watching the Big Showdown anbd liking it when it was on,,I think it may have replaced the original Dating Game..

Re:Wikipedia..i've made a few (very few) corrections and added things that I thought would make an article more complete, but I hardly ever go back to see if what I did was taken out..No biggie to me if it is..[/quote]
TBS replaced Girl in My Life which replaced DG.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.