Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about "Classic Game Shows and More"  (Read 1394 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Question about "Classic Game Shows and More"
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
Finishing up Mill Creek's 1001 Classic Commercials DVD set, I was about to purchase Classic Game Shows and More on Amazon when I noticed that nearly all the reviews claim a myriad of disc defects.

Has anybody here had any problems with the Classic Game Shows and More set? Thanks in advance. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:48:04 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243610\' date=\'Jul 4 2010, 03:06 PM\']Has anybody here had any problems with the Classic Game Shows and More set? Thanks for your time. :-)[/quote]
They are dual-layer discs, and they appear to be consumer-quality, as opposed to professional-quality.  Both the dual-layer and the consumer-level issues can affect playback on less forgiving machines.  I've occasionally had small problems with mine, but nothing that's prevented me from watching any of the episodes.  Unfortunately, you won't know how your machine will handle it until you have it at home.

Be aware that these are public-domain prints from a variety of sources, so the picture quality of the shows themselves isn't very good at times either.  Don't expect anything approaching even the quality of the black and white shows from GSN.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

alfonzos

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »
I bought mine second-hand and had no problems with it.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos