Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Getting Facelift!  (Read 2509 times)

IFeelMillionaire

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Getting Facelift!
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:05:32 PM »
Looks like Millionaire will be changing this September. I think they like to change things up on Millionaire and this is just the latest, but it sounds like the most extensive upgrade to the show yet. This from buzzerblog:

"Beginning September 13th, 2010, the new season of “Millionaire” is going to be a real game-changer! From the very first question, you’ll see more strategy, more unpredictability and more excitement.  Plus, we’re introducing a new lifeline, and the road to a million is going to get a bit shorter.

It’s the same great “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,” with a few new twists and turns that will add even more risk, reward and fun. Additional details to follow in the coming weeks, but mark your calendars now: New Season of “Millionaire” – Premieres September 13th!!"

Sounds interesting...I wonder what the changes will be? Some people speculate it will be more like the UK show's changes. But I am not so sure.

catkins522

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
Could it be 10 questions instead of 15 questions, just like the 1000th syn Millionaire week?

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Hastin

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 02:21:12 AM »
I really hope they pickup the 12-question format that the UK has, with the dropping of the clock for higher-tier questions. Hopefully the lifeline coming back is Switch, but I think that a "Clock Stopper" lifeline would be good.

Someone better leak from a studio taping!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:21:36 AM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'244904\' date=\'Jul 23 2010, 11:21 PM\']I really hope they pickup the 12-question format that the UK has, with the dropping of the clock for higher-tier questions.[/quote]
I doubt it, considering Buzzerblog reported the UK version will be picking UP the clock soon.

EDIT: I just read an article by Travis Penery on Buzzerblog, and understand now what you're saying. The new UK format only has the clock for the first seven. In that case, I agree with you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:04:35 AM by Kevin Prather »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 03:39:08 AM »
A 12-question stack is nice, but I'd like to see what the original Aussie version did & have an 11-question stack.  That way, if you get the first question right, you'll leave with no lesss than that first safe haven value(un this case, $5K).

As for a new lifeline, I wouldn't mind Switch the Question come back, but Clock Stopper would be nice too.  The thing is, like Switch the Question, it'll be in play from the $7.5K level on up.  If Switch the Question does come back, initiate it where it was before its disappearance at the $50K level.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'244908\' date=\'Jul 24 2010, 12:39 AM\']A 12-question stack is nice, but I'd like to see what the original Aussie version did & have an 11-question stack.  That way, if you get the first question right, you'll leave with no lesss than that first safe haven value(un this case, $5K).[/quote] That's bordering on the absurd. One question for $5,000. If this is an impetus to return to something approaching the original money values, then bully.

As for a new lifeline, I wouldn't mind Switch the Question come back, but Clock Stopper would be nice too.  The thing is, like Switch the Question, it'll be in play from the $7.5K level on up.  If Switch the Question does come back, initiate it where it was before its disappearance at the $50K level.
Yay rampant speculation!

If the changes are limited to the game being played more in the fashion of the UK reboot, that's fine by me.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'244908\' date=\'Jul 24 2010, 03:39 AM\']A 12-question stack is nice, but I'd like to see what the original Aussie version did & have an 11-question stack.  That way, if you get the first question right, you'll leave with no lesss than that first safe haven value(un this case, $5K).[/quote]
For one question, I see no problem going back to the $1,000.

I can't remember, but on the 1,000th episode week, did they spot the contestant $1,000, or did they only have to answer one question to win the $1K? If the latter, I could see that working in an 11-question format, with the old tiers (1K/2K-4K-8K and so forth). Maybe even add a $500 question before that, but $5,000 is too much IMO for one question on a daytime game show. I would say that even $2,500 is a bit much.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'244919\' date=\'Jul 24 2010, 08:29 AM\']I can't remember, but on the 1,000th episode week, did they spot the contestant $1,000,[/quote]Yes, and the accompanying money amounts graphic was changed accordingly.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.