Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud's New Announcer  (Read 4959 times)

sotcfan2004

Feud's New Announcer
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:01:17 AM »
...and is succeeded by Joey Fatone.

Thoughts?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:21:22 AM »
[quote name=\'sotcfan2004\' post=\'245547\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 12:01 AM\']Thoughts?[/quote]
If Joey doesn't puke, he's already an improvement over Burton Richardson.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:28:27 AM »
[quote name=\'sotcfan2004\' post=\'245547\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 02:01 AM\']...and is succeeded by Joey Fatone.

Thoughts?[/quote]
He should still be hosting The Singing Bee.....but that's another thought.

I didn't mind Burton's announcing, but the line "it's time to pla-ay....the Family Feud!" got to be kinda grating. It never really caught on for me. They almost changed it back to the original a few years back, but I guess it didn't catch on or something.

Announcing for Feud is not really as big a deal as a show like Price is Right or Wheel of Fortune, where you constantly hear the announcer throughout the show. There's an intro and a promotional consideration plug- done. That being said, all I can say is "we'll see".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:28:42 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:18 AM »
His "announcing" is just a static voiceover letting us know we're at Universal Studios - and hey, it's the Feud. And here's our host, Steve Harvey. There's no introductions to the families by the announcer, Steve just introduces them as usual.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:31:49 AM by chad1m »

BrandonFG

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'245550\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 05:29 AM\']His "announcing" is just a static voiceover letting us know we're at Universal Studios - and hey, it's the Feud. And here's our host, Steve Harvey.[/quote]
Honestly, considering the announcer is almost a lost art nowadays, I'll take that much.

/Should try out to do voiceover work again
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvrandywest

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »
[quote name=\'sotcfan2004\' post=\'245547\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 12:01 AM\']...and is succeeded by Joey Fatone.

Thoughts?[/quote]
Fret not for brother Burton. He's voicing HUB's new "Family Game Night."

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

CJBojangles

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'245549\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 12:28 AM\']I didn't mind Burton's announcing, but the line "it's time to pla-ay....the Family Feud!" got to be kinda grating. It never really caught on for me. They almost changed it back to the original a few years back, but I guess it didn't catch on or something.[/quote]
I always thought the execution was what screwed that up. If they didn't have Burton doing that stupid Russian Roulette-style voice, it might've actually worked.

I wonder if they'll have Joey doing the warm-ups the same way Burton did. And if we'll be hearing cheers and applause after every bonehead answer given.

BillCullen1

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56:56 AM »
A friend of mine in Florida who went to see a taping of this said Joey was nowhere to be seen. That leads me to believe he's on tape. One of Harvey's people does the warm up. They also show clips of FF while you're waiting on line. Past highlights featuring every host EXCEPT Louie Anderson. Gee, what a surprise.

Mr. Armadillo

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:44 AM »
Did Louie Anderson even have any highlights?

/My very first post on this forum asked what Joey's first talent was
//I guess it's nothing more than voiceover work?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:25:05 AM by Mr. Armadillo »

Vahan_Nisanian

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'245715\' date=\'Aug 11 2010, 08:24 AM\']Did Louie Anderson even have any highlights?

/My very first post on this forum asked what Joey's first talent was
//I guess it's nothing more than voiceover work?[/quote]

Does the time they featured one of the celebrities on CBS's Game Show Marathon count?

MikeK

• Martha!
Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'245715\' date=\'Aug 11 2010, 09:24 AM\']Did Louie Anderson even have any highlights?[/quote]
Is 'being canned' a highlight?

wheelloon

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'245722\' date=\'Aug 11 2010, 10:24 AM\'][quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'245715\' date=\'Aug 11 2010, 09:24 AM\']Did Louie Anderson even have any highlights?[/quote]
Is 'being canned' a highlight?
[/quote]

Being able to stuff Louie into a single can would be a highlight. I concur.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

whewfan

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
Louie was funny sometimes, but like Drew Carey, VERY inconsistent. Some shows, he was very funny and entertaining, and other shows, he looked TIRED and was longing to retreat to his dressing room to smoke. Also, I noticed Louie's "schtick" was limited and repetitive. I liked how he joked about the triple round, but he repeated a lot of those jokes. I think Howard Felsher put it best when he said that Louie doesn't seem to care about the contestants, and if you were ask him what their names were after the show, he wouldn't remember. I would agree with what someone said on here already that Louie's first season was his best, and then it just wore off after that.

I thought hiring Richard Karn was a curious choice. He was VERY likeable, and he was friendly enough with the players, and was a smoother host than Louie, but certainly not spontaneously funny. I think Karn also suffered from having limited capabilities. One show was no different from another... same annoying phrases "draw first blood.... DOUBLE THE POINTS.... TRIPLE THE POINTS"

It will be interesting to see how much of Steve Harvey's joking around and slow takes will make it into the show. Steve knows how to play off the contestants, and unlike the previous hosts, he pretty much says what everyone else is thinking. Does anyone know if they kept the "single, double, triple, sudden death" from the Bullseye format or if they reverted back to the "single, single, double, triple, sudden death" format from the previous seasons?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:10:52 AM by chris319 »

golden-road

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 08:21:44 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'245765\' date=\'Aug 11 2010, 05:40 PM\']Does anyone know if they kept the "single, double, triple, sudden death" from the Bullseye format or if they reverted back to the "single, single, double, triple, sudden death" format from the previous seasons?[/quote]

It's indeed single, single, double, triple, sudden death.

whewfan

Feud's New Announcer
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 09:49:49 PM »
Okay. I was thinking they would keep the Bullseye scoring format (minus Bullseye) so that the game could be over in 3 rounds, and it gives Steve Harvey more breathing room to joke around.