Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Changes  (Read 59381 times)

NickS

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2010, 11:57:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'246530\' date=\'Aug 29 2010, 10:40 PM\']Questions and answers:  Check - different difficulty level[/quote]
Do you know that based off of any shows for the new season?

Money tree?: Check - Money tree is different

But there's a money tree, right?  There were changes to the tree when Super Millionaire hit.  END OF THE WORLD

Lifelines?: Check - With the exception of ATA those are different
But there are lifelines, right?

Meredith?: Check - She is not Regis
And?  At least she throws some Tarrant into the mix, making the contestant sweat on an answer sometimes.

Contestant: Check - NYC actor wannabes are the bulk of those chosen for this show now, long gone is the phone game
Uh, sure.

BTW, when the freak did I panic in that post?  It means it is a different show. I mearly merely stated my opinion that it is NOT the same show that I fell in love with in 1999. It is not "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." It is not a bad sounding show, but it is not the same show. [/b]

Ok, you said:

Bottom line is that this is not the Millionaire we knew anymore. Whatever it is sounds like an ok gameshow in itself but make no mistake, this is not Who Wants to be a Millionaire. While they are at it Jeopardy! can do without the buzzers, podiums or game board. Also, why does Wheel of Fortune need that pesky old wheel anyway?

When you are comparing the change of:

*Money Tree
*No hot seat
*Lifelines (especially when they've changed before)

especially when you haven't seen the show yet to taking away the wheel from WoF and the buzzers, etc. from J!, you're overreacting.  Is it a different format than what's been done?  You bet.  You win the point there.  But it's still Millionaire.  Last time I checked, they're still trying to get people to win a million dollars - hence the name.

Loogaroo

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'246533\' date=\'Aug 29 2010, 08:57 PM\']especially when you haven't seen the show yet to taking away the wheel from WoF and the buzzers, etc. from J!, you're overreacting.  Is it a different format than what's been done?  You bet.  You win the point there.  But it's still Millionaire.  Last time I checked, they're still trying to get people to win a million dollars - hence the name.[/quote]

One could argue that they've been trying harder to prevent people from winning a million dollars (tournament notwithstanding) whilst still being able to advertise the top prize, but that's another argument for another day.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Timsterino

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »
You can turn an apple into a cherry if you want TeppanYaki, but my opinion still stands. It is not the same show.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Millionaire Changes
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'246574\' date=\'Aug 30 2010, 11:35 PM\']but my opinion still stands.[/quote]
Not on much, though.

/Thought the changes to 5th Grader were interesting, but not interesting enough for me to start watching
This signature is currently under construction.

J.R.

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2010, 01:26:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'246574\' date=\'Aug 30 2010, 10:35 PM\']You can turn an apple into a cherry if you want TeppanYaki, but my opinion still stands. It is not the same show.[/quote]
Fine. Don't watch it then, geez.

/You will anyway though.
//With posts/threads "Anyone saw what happened on Millionaire today?"
-Joe Raygor

trustno1

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2010, 03:45:52 AM »
To me it doesn't matter what changes they make, as long as the top prize is still $1Million.
"Let the Memory live again!" - Cats

Loogaroo

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2010, 03:53:22 AM »
[quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'246579\' date=\'Aug 31 2010, 12:45 AM\']To me it doesn't matter what changes they make, as long as the top prize is still $1Million.[/quote]

So, sooooo tempted to pull a Reductio Ad Absurdum on this...
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Millionaire Changes
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'246580\' date=\'Aug 31 2010, 02:53 AM\'][quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'246579\' date=\'Aug 31 2010, 12:45 AM\']To me it doesn't matter what changes they make, as long as the top prize is still $1Million.[/quote]

So, sooooo tempted to pull a Reductio Ad Absurdum on this...
[/quote]

Nah.  Just offer him a pony.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

NickS

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'246574\' date=\'Aug 30 2010, 10:35 PM\']You can turn an apple into a cherry if you want TeppanYaki, but my opinion still stands. It is not the same show.[/quote]

I'm not against you having an opinion whether it's different or not - but when your comparisons aren't the best plus you're basing it on speculation without seeing the show - I'm going to call you on it.

Bring this up AFTER the show airs and the debate could be very different.

/Probably won't, who am I kidding

Timsterino

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2010, 06:34:45 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'246629\' date=\'Aug 31 2010, 07:58 PM\'][quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'246574\' date=\'Aug 30 2010, 10:35 PM\']You can turn an apple into a cherry if you want TeppanYaki, but my opinion still stands. It is not the same show.[/quote]

I'm not against you having an opinion whether it's different or not - but when your comparisons aren't the best plus you're basing it on speculation without seeing the show - I'm going to call you on it.

Bring this up AFTER the show airs and the debate could be very different.

/Probably won't, who am I kidding
[/quote]

I am not going to continue this pissing match, I have said my peace.

chad1m

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
Millionaire has a re-vamped site up, which includes the listing of the new official rules, plus the coolest feature, an online game which lets you play and get used to the new format. How cool (and smart) is that?  It's a good deal of fun.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:32:59 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Changes
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2010, 03:31:58 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'246701\' date=\'Sep 2 2010, 12:16 PM\']Millionaire has a re-vamped site up, which includes the listing of the new official rules, plus the coolest feature, an online game which lets you play and get used to the new format. How cool (and smart) is that?  It's a good deal of fun.[/quote]
FTLFY.

/looks like they have new music too!
//that ought to wad some panties
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:33:02 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2010, 03:33:49 PM »
Fixed it above too.
By the way, it should be mentioned that it's not like the game has 500 questions you can cycle through. You'll be lucky if you can play two games without a repeat. Its main purpose is a demonstration of the new format, not a "I'm bored, let's play this" game.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:34:45 PM by chad1m »

J.R.

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2010, 03:47:05 PM »
Wow, that was actually quite fun.

Indeed, my first question was a toughie for a low amount, followed by a softball for a biggie. Adds a fun bit of unpredictability to the game.

Not to spoil it, but the walkaway rule is actually rather interesting, especially if you've built a big bank in a hurry.

Also, as someone who loves oddball amounts, I like the fact the first stage grand total could be $68,600.

Overall, I think Millionaire's gonna be just fine.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:01:10 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

weaklink75

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2010, 03:51:01 PM »
It's also the end of an era in that there are no more Llamas- you get $1,000 if you miss one of the first 10 questions.