Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy- Art vs. Alex  (Read 4869 times)

GameShowGuru

Jeopardy- Art vs. Alex
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »
I've always been partial to the Fleming version, because IMO it was a relatively harder quiz show, Fleming was a true gentleman all through Jeopardy's run (both of them), and the visual elements (set design) were modest yet effective for its time, though I always loved Jeopardy! '78's crimson and cream board and set, as well as its "odd" dollar amounts ($25, $50, $75, etc.).

Trebek's version was a little startling when I first saw it, but it grew on me rather quickly and I respected the show on its own merits, though the show's second set (light blue and off-white) took a while to get used to because it was so "bright".  For the first 3-4 seasons, I watched it regularly if not religiously, then afterward occasionally due to my teen and young adult years taking place, and by the time I got to my college years, Jeopardy! was beginning to get too gimmicky and was turning into a caricature of itself, which turned me off from watching the show with any degree of regularity, though I did enjoy watching the Super Jeopardy! eps in the summer of 1990.

My vote is for Art, his hosting alone was in a class all by itself.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Jeopardy- Art vs. Alex
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 11:36:48 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'246563\' date=\'Aug 30 2010, 05:24 PM\']I know this topic has been covered in drips and drabs over the years, but in reading Harry Eisenberg's "Inside Jeopardy" (a discussion topic itself) and searching the board to corroborate some things, my curiosity was piqued: Is there anybody here who thinks the Fleming J! is superior to the current run?[/quote] I would hesitate to say superior, just different and awesome.

me being culture biased to the current show, I can't imagine why.
To take a page of Double Rainbow Guy, "What does this mean"?

[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'246617\' date=\'Aug 31 2010, 02:16 PM\']The original series is superior to the current series.[/quote]For you, anyway.

I prefered them to be called "answers" rather "clues."
What an...interesting hangup.

[quote name=\'GameShowGuru\' post=\'246690\' date=\'Sep 1 2010, 07:09 PM\']Jeopardy! was beginning to get too gimmicky[/quote]Too gimmicky? In what way?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.