Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Prize/Ticket/Promotional Consideration Music Cues  (Read 8867 times)

TimK2003

Prize/Ticket/Promotional Consideration Music Cues
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:46:56 PM »
I know the question has been asked several times regarding favorite (main) themes from game shows, but I don't ever recall anyone asking about people's favorite music cues -- whether it be a prize cue, contestant or tickets cue, or even a promotional consideration cue that is not the same as that show's main theme*.

Some that have crossed my mind as being ones I'd listen to more than once in a sitting (in no particular order):

1) The Prize cue used on "Three On A Match" -- a late '50s/early 60's sounding music cue for a 70's show -- out of place when compared to other music cues of the time.
2) "Berkenhead School" (Jokers Wild Prize Cue) -- that cue rocked!
3) "Frisco Disco"(?) (Prize Cue on Wheel Of Fortune -- even though it was the main theme for J! '78).

Others?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:29:08 PM by chris319 »

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:58:43 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'246944\' date=\'Sep 5 2010, 10:46 PM\']2) "Berkenhead School" (Jokers Wild Prize Cue) -- that cue rocked![/quote]

This, for one. As for other picks....

-"Sporting Highlights"---LMAD Vegas eps.
-"Think Fast" prize/consolation cuts [#19 and #25 @TVPMM]
-TPIR--too many to list. "Starcrossed" is perhaps my favorite from the '76 package; also several '83 cuts
-Most of the "Concentration" cuts
-"Classey" from "Give-N-Take"
-Several LMAD '84 cues---the "It's Anybody's Guess" theme and some of the Big Deal cuts, in particular
-"Gambit" prize cue

I'm sure I'm missing a few....
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:47:34 AM »
-Most of the TPiR stuff from the 70s and 80s (too many to name)
-There's a Wheel cue from the early-80s, often used when describing a car in the bonus round. While looking for the appropriate cue on YT, I found this cue as well.
-From the 80s LMaD, I always loved and wanted to hear the cues from the first two deals in the clear, esp. the second one
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
Whew! had a pretty good tickets cue.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
I like a lot of the Barris prize cues.  Also, Price is Right and a few from the '77 package used on Joker's Wild come to mind.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

joker316

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
Whew! - when they went to the Gauntlet
Gambit - the ticket cue
MG 7x - the ticket cue was pretty cool!
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »
The MG '7X ticket plug and the PYL prize read-off cue.  Kind of a bummer when Peter would say, "No need to talk to Rod Roddy, because it's all cash!"

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
The more I listen to that second Wheel cue I posted, the more I can't help but notice that there's no way it was only written as game show RV description music. Would that happen to be a song from any of Merv's albums?

Speaking of Wheel, during the Woolery era, there was a funky electric guitar number played as a commercial outro. Add that to my list as well...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Brian44

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'247005\' date=\'Sep 6 2010, 05:39 PM\']Speaking of Wheel, during the Woolery era, there was a funky electric guitar number played as a commercial outro. Add that to my list as well...[/quote]

You mean the one that sounds like the beginning to "Temptation Eyes" by the Grass Roots?

GrandMasterGalvatron

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 05:47:43 PM »
I've always liked the Buzzword cue from Wheel of Fortune.

You can imagine my face the first time I saw Merv Griffin's Crosswords.

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 05:51:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Brian44\' post=\'247007\' date=\'Sep 6 2010, 05:41 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'247005\' date=\'Sep 6 2010, 05:39 PM\']Speaking of Wheel, during the Woolery era, there was a funky electric guitar number played as a commercial outro. Add that to my list as well...[/quote]

You mean the one that sounds like the beginning to "Temptation Eyes" by the Grass Roots?
[/quote]
I had to find that song, but yes, that one. :-)

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
The Shopping music from Woolery Wheel...wish I could find a copy, or at least recreate it.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »
Loved the cue music for TT (the 70s model).  Would always watch in vain to see if somehow, someway the ticket plug/prize descriptions would go past one minute to see if the cue (which is a vamp of the break in the main theme) would segue into the main theme (wasn't until listening to the cue at TVPMM [cuts 21 and 22] that I found that it didn't, it just continued into more of a vamp of the break).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:39:58 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
Loved the cue music for TT (the 70s model).

I loved how that cue was actually the last part of the main theme, used until about fall '75 (they had several slight variations of the main theme over the years).  There's a Gene Rayburn and Mel Torme '75 episode that GSN ran that has a really long cut of the closing theme and it segues into this part.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 10:07:25 PM »
There were two cues from the last seasons of $ale of the Century that I personally liked:

at 7:00. There was a more upbeat version used at the start of 1988, but the video for that was taken out.

And of course, the guitar riff from the "Big Wheels" era from Wheel