Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Discovery About Ray/Marc Ellis  (Read 2254 times)

TimK2003

Interesting Discovery About Ray/Marc Ellis
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:21 PM »
When I used to watch Scattergories & Bruce Forsythe's Hot Streak back in the day and heard the little 30-60 second music ditties when the contestants were either yelling out answers or giving clues between teammates, I remember thinking, "this music sounds soooo familiar".

20-some odd years later, I stumbled upon a little sidebar when researching the cartoon animation company Filmation.  Under the pseudonym Yvette Blais (his wife), Ray Ellis did much of the music for the Filmation studios, including this closing theme which is in the style of those short music cues heard on Scattergories & Hot Streak.

Just an interesting little anecdote, FWIW.

/Still doesn't change my opinion on the quality of Filmation's work in the animation arena.

trainman

Interesting Discovery About Ray/Marc Ellis
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'247098\' date=\'Sep 7 2010, 07:10 PM\']/Still doesn't change my opinion on the quality of Filmation's work in the animation arena.[/quote]

What? You don't like the gigantic head they gave Tom in the first shot of these closing credits?  (Which, of course, I didn't notice when I watched this show 30 years ago, but now it's painfully obvious.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:47:37 PM by trainman »
trainman is a man of trains