Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hulk Hogan to host new kids game  (Read 5557 times)

BrandonFG

Hulk Hogan to host new kids game
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:48:38 AM »
It came from a Tweet I noticed in my timeline from C21Media. Here's a link to the release. It doesn't say much about the show, except that it's for children.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Johnissoevil

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:33:03 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'247703\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 04:48 AM\']It came from a Tweet I noticed in my timeline from C21Media. Here's a link to the release. It doesn't say much about the show, except that it's for children.[/quote]

I'm no Hogan fan.  But I'm not going to jump the gun on how he will do here, I do wish him good luck with this.

/Yes, I'm optimistic
//Quiet, you
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 06:40:46 AM »
Game show?  Sounds more like Judge Judy for kids... and a little exploitative at that.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:39 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'247705\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 06:40 AM\']Game show?  Sounds more like Judge Judy for kids... and a little exploitative at that.[/quote]
Rereading the press release, it sounds a lot like a Nickelodeon show from the late-80s called (wait for it) Kids Court. From what I remember, it was like The People's Court, but was pretty lighthearted. One ep. I remember involved a kid upset because his mother (I *think*, it's been over 20 years) felt his TV Guide collection was a fire hazard,  and she wanted to throw them out (I hear the groans coming from some members).

I was hoping to find a clip on Youtube, but unsurprisingly, nothing showed up.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Fedya

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:06:18 AM »
Game show? Sounds more like Judge Judy for kids... and a little exploitative at that.
As if Judge Judy for adults isn't exploitative?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

dmota104

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'247703\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 03:48 AM\']It came from a Tweet I noticed in my timeline from C21Media. Here's a link to the release. It doesn't say much about the show, except that it's for children.[/quote]

I wonder how many times the Hulkster will say "brother" in a particular episode.

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »
From wrestlingobserver.com

--Hulk Hogan is pitching a TV show called "Hogan's Court," which is the same concept Brian Knobs and Jim Duggan did for a Judge Judy type show.  Skywriter Media and Entertainment Group is producing the show aimed at young children, as the punishment for cries would include being thrown into a vat of baked beans to picking up dog droppings.  Story is at http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/26961
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:35 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'247703\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 04:48 AM\']It came from a Tweet I noticed in my timeline from C21Media. Here's a link to the release. It doesn't say much about the show, except that it's for children.[/quote]
I'll be honest: I do not like this. I don't like Hulk Hogan or his on/off-air personality. I think he's far too rough and abrasive to be a game show host, especially for a children's game show.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 12:17:18 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'247770\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 12:12 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'247703\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 04:48 AM\']It came from a Tweet I noticed in my timeline from C21Media. Here's a link to the release. It doesn't say much about the show, except that it's for children.[/quote]
I'll be honest: I do not like this. I don't like Hulk Hogan or his on/off-air personality. I think he's far too rough and abrasive to be a game show host, especially for a children's game show.
[/quote]
Let's not jump to conclusions.  Maybe he'll transform himself a la Chris Jerricho and go from rough wrestler to nice game show host.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'247772\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 09:17 AM\']Let's not jump to conclusions.  Maybe he'll transform himself a la Chris Jerricho and go from rough wrestler to nice game show host.[/quote]
Okay, trolling or not, this one made me giggle.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'247769\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 11:06 AM\']Skywriter Media and Entertainment Group is producing the show aimed at young children, as the punishment for cries would include being thrown into a vat of baked beans to picking up dog droppings.[/quote]
Please tell me that's a typo.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'247801\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 02:15 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'247769\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 11:06 AM\']Skywriter Media and Entertainment Group is producing the show aimed at young children, as the punishment for cries would include being thrown into a vat of baked beans to picking up dog droppings.[/quote]
Please tell me that's a typo.
[/quote]
"There's no crying in LAW, brother!" <splort>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
Sounds like as bad an idea as "Hollywood Squares with kids... with Gary Coleman as host" (1000 points to the first person who gets that reference)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 12:35:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'247704\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 02:33 AM\']I'm no Hogan fan.  But I'm not going to jump the gun on how he will do here, I do wish him good luck with this.[/quote]Oh, I will. I saw all of American Gladiators, brother.

[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'247705\' date=\'Sep 16 2010, 03:40 AM\']Game show?  Sounds more like Judge Judy for kids... and a little exploitative at that.[/quote]This begets two questions: who would go on that show and what parent would let their kids go on that show?

I remember once back in elementary school I brought a racquetball to play with at recess (we wanted to try something smaller than the big red ball, and I was not aware of the Spaldeen's existence yet). While in play, it got away from the group and into the hands of an oaf who had been giving me trouble for that year. He decided that it would be high-larious to throw it over the fence. I consider my options and say "Hey, oaf, you have a day to replace that ball. If you don't, I'm sure the teacher would be happy to hear the story of me and this line of kids who were all witnesses."

I got a new ball the next day.

I didn't threaten anything that wasn't within my position to do. I didn't whine to the yard teacher, I didn't go bawling to the principal. I also knew that this guy was on his last life with the teacher anyway, so there's that.

If you go on the show and lose, well, you look like a loser, so who does that? If you win but manage to come off as a Douche Grande, well, hooray for you then. It sounds like a lose-lose situation for all concerned.

[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'247769\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 09:06 AM\']to picking up dog droppings.  Story is at http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/26961[/quote]That's not punishment, brother, that's extra income every month!
Travis L. Eberle

LetsGoMets2003

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »
“We want this to be one of those rare shows that kids and their families can watch together, and all find something to laugh about.”

Because picking up dog doo is amusing to both kids and parents - brother.