Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites  (Read 24995 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2003, 06:06:05 PM »
I will gladly vote for Go! next year if we get the chance. I got help with my show this year, so I'll help y'all out with yours.

WhammyPower

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2003, 07:35:40 PM »
You know.... since Bullseye popped up in the after-vote promos last year, I say we should go for the $20k Pyramid next year.

zachhoran

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2003, 08:01:10 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 07:35 PM\'] You know.... since Bullseye popped up in the after-vote promos last year, I say we should go for the $20k Pyramid next year. [/quote]
 SOunds like a good idea, but I think all versions of Pyramid they have count as one show on the ballot.

whampyl03

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2003, 11:44:48 PM »
Why not Break The Bank '76?

Ahh, what the heck, I'll vote for GO too when the next feast rolls around.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 11:45:26 PM by whampyl03 »

Starkman

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2003, 12:00:56 PM »
Since GSN doesnt own any of the 5 old shows id like to see again with the exception of Password and PYL im neutral but I think this is a good list. I like the originals chosen and If funny money was shown again would have puked my guts out.

However the 1st ep is greed :gulp:

bandit_bobby

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2003, 12:04:45 PM »
HOLD IT!! I just saw the #12 show. Greed aired. It was NOT on your list.
I hope it didn't take the place of Bullseye.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2003, 12:05:24 PM »
*WHAT?!!*

Gee, I guess that list GSN posted originally WAS the real one.

I don't believe it.

--Jamie

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2003, 06:27:37 PM »
Well the first episode they are showing of Bullseye is in fact, Celebrity Bullseye. I would bet the second one will be as well. I was a bit upset that the one episode they show of Millionaire was a Celebrity Edition that they just recently aired. Oh well.

Tim (Who does not like Celebrity contestant based game shows) :-)

TV Favorites

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2003, 06:33:32 PM »
Well, we've now got 2 Celebrity Bullseye episodes.  The strange thing is that they are both unconnected episodes; the second episode didn't continue from where the first one left off.

GSN really could've aired a regular Bullsye episode in that case.

bwood

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2003, 06:38:56 PM »
I only have one thing to say regarding the second episode of Bullseye:

YOU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

BTW, Patrick said he hosted a GS pilot. Does anyone know what the pilot was?

melman1

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »
Re: Bullseye - THIS is what everyone was longing for so badly?  I just don't get it.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

zachhoran

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2003, 06:57:11 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 06:52 PM\'] Re: Bullseye - THIS is what everyone was longing for so badly?  I just don't get it. [/quote]
 It is nice to see something almost never seen on the network, but most would agree that the civilian Bullseye is far superior to the celeb version. The complaints we've had about Bullseye in here seem to be from those who have only seen the celeb version, which is what GSN showed c. 1999 as a Game of the Week(but not one of the episodes seen this evening). Dan Enright did not learn his "adding celebs to a show doesn't help it" lesson, as he'd do the same to Hot Potato roughly two years later.

mctoyboy

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2003, 07:02:26 PM »
Yeah....the civilian Bullseye seemed smoother and a little faster. Many celebrities seem to really need to show themselves off. I do think it was a little mean of GSN not to show an ep with the Bonus Island.....=(
j

Pyramid80

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2003, 07:06:22 PM »
[quote name=\'mctoyboy\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 06:02 PM\'] Yeah....the civilian Bullseye seemed smoother and a little faster. Many celebrities seem to really need to show themselves off. I do think it was a little mean of GSN not to show an ep with the Bonus Island.....=(
j [/quote]
 I was highly disappointed too that we didn't get to see a Bonus Island segment.  I was really hoping since this was my first viewing of Bullseye.  I thought it was a poor selection of episodes, but I am thankful that I did get to at least see it.  I know I won't vote for this show next year since we would probably be shown the same type of episodes.

ilb4ever2000

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2003, 07:08:38 PM »
I actually liked the first episode with Lynn Redgrave and Harvey Korman. I don't get why they didn't just show the next episode, instead of one with...F. Lee Bailey and Patrick Wayne (which I haven't seen all of)? Though I suppose these weren't the best choices for episodes, I'm not going to complain too much. This was the first time I saw the show and I enjoyed what I saw (for the most part).

On the TJW front, it was nice to FINALLY see the conclusion of the 1978 $100,000 tournament. Very nice contestant that Frank Dillon...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 07:22:04 PM by ilb4ever2000 »