Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Celebrity Bowling' revival in works  (Read 2107 times)

colonial

'Celebrity Bowling' revival in works
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
Variety is reporting that former "Celebrity Bowling" producer Don Gregory will try and launch a new bowling game show in syndication this spring called "Stars & Strikes."

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2010...ng-is-back.html

JD

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
I'm not really shocked, considering the repeats on ESPN Classic. It's always nice to see a once-rare show get a little more common.

And, because I'm curious and the listings won't tell me (not to mention that I don't have cable), does anybody know if the episode that was in the circuit for years (Ed Ames/McLean Stevenson vs. Tom Kennedy/Richard Deacon) has been reran yet?
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'248905\' date=\'Oct 8 2010, 05:43 PM\']I'm not really shocked, considering the repeats on ESPN Classic.[/quote]So, just because a show is in reruns makes it a viable choice for a revival?  I'm sure people are just racing to revive Stump the Schwab.

Do you ever think before posting, or does the first random thought that occurs become reason for posting?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:16:48 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »
While I kinda agree with Mark, it's not unheard of for new versions of classic game shows to materialize just because the classic version did so well.

USA Network did it with Chain Reaction in the mid-80's. Reruns of the "classic" version did so well, that as a result, a new version as a USA original materialized and ran for 5 years. Same story with the GSN reruns of Press Your Luck from 2001-2002.

Matt Miller

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87 @ Oct. 9th 10:11 AM\']While I kinda agree with Mark, it's not unheard of for new versions of classic game shows to materialize just because the classic version did so well.[/quote] If I'm not mistaken, isn't that also how the syndicated version of The Joker's Wild got green lit? (because reruns of the CBS version brought in good ratings)
Matt

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'248927\' date=\'Oct 9 2010, 10:11 AM\']While I kinda agree with Mark, it's not unheard of for new versions of classic game shows to materialize just because the classic version did so well.[/quote]
Didn't ESPN Classic already do this with American Gladiators?

[quote name=\'modor\']I'm sure people are just racing to revive Stump the Schwab.[/quote]
I'd be first in line.

/Yes, I know that makes me weird
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:26:09 AM by Mr. Armadillo »