Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Challenger  (Read 2829 times)

alfonzos

Jeopardy! Challenger
« on: October 22, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »
I now have two of these babies (both thrift store finds) and I would like to know how to get them to work as a unit. Would someone please contact me to get a photocopy of the instructions.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

gameshowcrazy

Jeopardy! Challenger
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:17:52 PM »
I never understood these when they came out, could someone explain what they did other than act as a glorified calculator?  To this day I still keep score with my hands as I play along.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Jeopardy! Challenger
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowcrazy\' post=\'249709\' date=\'Oct 25 2010, 01:17 PM\']I never understood these when they came out, could someone explain what they did other than act as a glorified calculator?  To this day I still keep score with my hands as I play along.[/quote]That's about it. If you have the cord, I think you can use the "Daily Double" button to signal who goes first.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy! Challenger
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:25:55 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'249722\' date=\'Oct 25 2010, 09:20 PM\']That's about it. If you have the cord, I think you can use the "Daily Double" button to signal who goes first.[/quote]
More than that. Whoever clicked in the dollar amount first on any given question locked everyone else out. (At least, so said the docs. I never found someone else with one to try it, though I figured out that a standard stereo patch cable would probably work just fine as the sync cable.)

But, yeah, other'n that, glorified calculator. As always, if you want to play with one (more or less), pick up the Jeopardy Challenger for Windows app at my site.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gameshowcrazy

Jeopardy! Challenger
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'249723\' date=\'Oct 26 2010, 12:25 AM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'249722\' date=\'Oct 25 2010, 09:20 PM\']That's about it. If you have the cord, I think you can use the "Daily Double" button to signal who goes first.[/quote]
More than that. Whoever clicked in the dollar amount first on any given question locked everyone else out. (At least, so said the docs. I never found someone else with one to try it, though I figured out that a standard stereo patch cable would probably work just fine as the sync cable.)

But, yeah, other'n that, glorified calculator. As always, if you want to play with one (more or less), pick up the Jeopardy Challenger for Windows app at my site.
[/quote]

So these were basically lockout buzzers so when playing at home with more than one person who also had one of these, you could buzz in at home? That I would've been interested in back in the day, but now I always watch alone.