Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Fix-Up Show with J. Keith - Now in L.A.  (Read 1210 times)

chad1m

The Fix-Up Show with J. Keith - Now in L.A.
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »
Thought those if you in and the L.A. area might be interested in J. Keith van Straaten's new stage show, The Fix-Up Show. The premise is that a panel of three people – two who know the person looking for a date well and one celebrity who has never met the person - interrogates potential suitors in an effort to find a match for him/her.  The matched pair wins dinner and goes on a real date. It's almost like Dating Game meets What's My Line?. I've had the chance to check out pieces of the show and it's pretty neat.

Game show fans would be most interested because the next program, this Wednesday, features Drew Carey as panelist. Shows are every Wednesday until December 15 at the Acme Comedy Theatre in Los Angeles. Check it out if you can. Always good to see someone so into the genre trying to make it work on multiple levels.

Neumms

The Fix-Up Show with J. Keith - Now in L.A.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'250299\' date=\'Nov 5 2010, 05:31 PM\']Thought those if you in and the L.A. area might be interested in J. Keith van Straaten's new stage show, The Fix-Up Show. The premise is that a panel of three people – two who know the person looking for a date well and one celebrity who has never met the person - interrogates potential suitors in an effort to find a match for him/her.  The matched pair wins dinner and goes on a real date. It's almost like Dating Game meets What's My Line?. I've had the chance to check out pieces of the show and it's pretty neat.[/quote]

Go get 'em, J. Keith! Terrific idea.