Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about Narz's Concentration  (Read 2631 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Question about Narz's Concentration
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
Who designed the rebuses? I know Norm Blumenthal designed the originals, and Steve Ryan designed the ones for Classic...
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

wheelloon

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »
Don't take it as gospel, but I've read in at least more than one place that Norm did the rebuses on the 70's version. The episodes (that I know of), on youtube don't have a full credit roll, so they really aren't much help either...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'250346\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 12:53 PM\']Don't take it as gospel, but I've read in at least more than one place that Norm did the rebuses on the 70's version. The episodes (that I know of), on youtube don't have a full credit roll, so they really aren't much help either...[/quote]

There is a clip on YouTube with a full credit roll, and they do mention the artists.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

wheelloon

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'250347\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 02:12 PM\'][quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'250346\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 12:53 PM\']Don't take it as gospel, but I've read in at least more than one place that Norm did the rebuses on the 70's version. The episodes (that I know of), on youtube don't have a full credit roll, so they really aren't much help either...[/quote]

There is a clip on YouTube with a full credit roll, and they do mention the artists.
[/quote]

Wow, hadn't seen that clip I don't think before...

Yeah, lots of artists there, but I don't see a listing for "puzzle writer" or the effect thereof. Maybe they were one in the same, I can't be sure... :P
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

MTCesquire

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
There was a listing for "Puzzle Ideas" right before the "Artists" credit.  Perhaps that's the writer in question.

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
The name there is Allen Koss under puzzle ideas.

Maybe that should help!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:40:09 PM by GSNFAN3000 »

tvrandywest

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:51 PM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'250359\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 02:38 PM\']There was a listing for "Puzzle Ideas" right before the "Artists" credit.  Perhaps that's the writer in question.[/quote]
Correct. Credits including any form of the word "written" were and are often withheld in order to avoid paying WGA (Writers Guild of America) scale and residuals.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

vtown7

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'250369\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 07:42 PM\'][quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'250359\' date=\'Nov 6 2010, 02:38 PM\']There was a listing for "Puzzle Ideas" right before the "Artists" credit.  Perhaps that's the writer in question.[/quote]
Correct. Credits including any form of the word "written" were and are often withheld in order to avoid paying WGA (Writers Guild of America) scale and residuals.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

Would that be along the same lines as the kerfuffle at Temptation a couple of years back?

R.