Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Richard mentioning Ray on FF94  (Read 2101 times)

JMFabiano

Richard mentioning Ray on FF94
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:06:34 PM »
As per an old ATGS post (don't worry, this was pre-troll takeover), I recall someone saying there was a 1994 ep. of Family Feud where Richard Dawson, who was host again by that time, was reading a letter asking about him "and the other guy who runs the Feud."  He answered by mentioning GSN and how him and Ray would be playing interactive games on the network.  

Did this really happen?  Any video evidence online or elsewhere?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

whewfan

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:47 AM »
Richard DID mention Ray at the start of one show but I don't recall him saying anything about Ray doing anything on GSN. It was too long ago so I don't recall exactly what Richard said in response to the letter.

WhirlieBird74

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
I remember Bob Barker making mention of Ray Combs on a 1994 episode of TPIR, when a contestant (who made it on stage) from Hamilton, OH, told Bob that he was Ray's History teacher at Taft High School (where he graduated in 1974).  Bob had nothing but praise for Ray Combs, calling him 'one smart hombre'.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' post=\'250570\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 11:06 PM\']As per an old ATGS post (don't worry, this was pre-troll takeover), I recall someone saying there was a 1994 ep. of Family Feud where Richard Dawson, who was host again by that time, was reading a letter asking about him "and the other guy who runs the Feud."  He answered by mentioning GSN and how him and Ray would be playing interactive games on the network.  

Did this really happen?  Any video evidence online or elsewhere?[/quote]

I'm the only one I know of to post about that.  Richard was reading a letter from a critic, it started with "I don't like you, and I don't like the other guy on Feud."  Richard then went go on to say something like "This man does not like how Ray and I host this show" as if Ray were the host in the present tense.  Richard would then go on to quip "Keep your eyes on the Game Show Network, because you may see Ray and I play against each other on one of their interactive games."
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15