Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Jeopardy! home game question  (Read 3462 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Another Jeopardy! home game question
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
Here's a big question to the membership at large: Exactly what are you wanting in a Yahtzee
The ability to earn cards that allow you to manipulate and add dice. :D

or Monopoly expansion?
The ability to not have to play Monopoly. :D
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:59 AM »
It seems to me I sent away for an extra set of puzzles for my Pressman WoF game back in the '80s, but I could be wrong about that. Does anyone else remember if this was possible?

Yes. 1st Pressman edition had an order form printed on the back cover of the puzzle booklet. You could mail it in with a check or money order to get 96 more puzzles.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:24 AM »
Speaking of Monopoly (is it a bad sign that I'm hijacking my own thread here?)...

I was playing the Here and Now edition last night (first time I played it, got it for Christmas...two years ago? Don't remember)...is it bad that I was actually rooting to hit the "Go To Jail" space to avoid paying my brother rent on the yellow properties, which he had buildings on? (And how lucky was I to avoid paying him rent on those properties for like fifteen turns in a row?)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:09 AM »
is it bad that I was actually rooting to hit the "Go To Jail" space to avoid paying my brother rent on the yellow properties, which he had buildings on? (And how lucky was I to avoid paying him rent on those properties for like fifteen turns in a row?)
Absolutely not. Getting three hots and a flop (plus conjugals if you're into that sort of thing) for three turns is a damn sight better than $1,150 and turning the corner into Fourth Street.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
Speaking of Monopoly (is it a bad sign that I'm hijacking my own thread here?)...

I was playing the Here and Now edition last night (first time I played it, got it for Christmas...two years ago? Don't remember)...is it bad that I was actually rooting to hit the "Go To Jail" space to avoid paying my brother rent on the yellow properties, which he had buildings on? (And how lucky was I to avoid paying him rent on those properties for like fifteen turns in a row?)
You want to avoid Jail like the plague during the first portion of the game when everybody is jockeying to gain property- but when property starts trading hands and you're on the wrong end of the trading, jail becomes a sanctuary. Then you pray for lots of low rolls leading up to a hotel trap, and big rolls to completely jump it.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »
Here's a big question to the membership at large: Exactly what are you wanting in a Yahtzee
The ability to earn cards that allow you to manipulate and add dice. :D

In other words, this.

obGameShow:  I wrote a prototype (with another person) that used contracts of  various difficulty with Yahtzee-style rolling, where you used the "Three  on a Match" cancellation auction to determine who won the bid to do it  in the fewest rolls.  When you failed, you paid a penalty, but you also  got things that made it easier to complete future contracts.  At one  point, we tried to use the blocking rules from The Big Showdown to keep  people from bidding on certain things, but it wasn't fun in context.

[quote name='clemon79'][quote name='TLEberle'] or Monopoly expansion?[/quote]
The ability to not have to play Monopoly. :D
[/quote]

Or preferably, this.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe